< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Meet Oliver the Cat...



As requested by Lea, here are pictures of Oliver the Cat.

Oliver is a very friendly and sociable guy who follows me all around my yard. I can't hardly work in my flower beds for him bothering me all the time.

He is 11 years old. I think. Time gets away from me. Oliver could be 12, but I can't remember for sure.

If you'll notice he has a bobbed tail. Shortly after we moved to the house that we are in, he came home with his tail de-gloved. All of his hide had been stripped off and nothing but bone was showing. So I had to take him in to work to have his tail amputated.

We had moved here from the "country" and Oliver had never lived in the city before. There's no telling what had happened to him exactly, but ever since that day Oliver has stayed close to home.

Degloving injuries to cat tails is a fairly common occurrence.

Have you ever heard of the old saying, "He's as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs"?

Well Oliver certainly doesn't have to worry about rocking chairs any more.




When I was taking pictures of Norma and Timmy, he was right there with me being nosey.

So after I finished taking Timmy's angel pictures I took a few of Oliver.




What do you guys think?

Do you think I should keep him in my online store?


later...


Christmas Angel Series

Lots of Christmas Cards to Choose From

Getting Ready for Christmas

Timmy's Birthday Cards

9 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

I agree with Sarah. You should keep him in your on-line store. That certainly would appease the cat lovers I would think. He is a real beauty. I also like the one of him sniffing the Christmas tree.
I have heard of the phrase regarding the rocking chair, but I had no idea that it could mean a degloving injury. That sounds pretty painful :(

September 17, 2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sarah...

Thanks!


Hey Pattie...

Okay then. With yours and Sarah's votes Oliver stays on.

Those kind of injuries were really numerous back in the "slamming screen door" days. Cats will get their tails caught and take off like a rocket...

Leaving their hair and hide behind them.

later...

September 17, 2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Hey TJ....

Ditto on the keeping him....way to cute....or should I say handsome...my man was reading your blog along with me and he tells me that he also had a cat named Oliver says it was a favorite pet of his boys.

Thanks for sharing.....

cheers!!!

September 17, 2006 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that cat is cute and worth keeping in the store..

however

the dogs are cuter... sorry .. im a dog kinda girl ;)

September 17, 2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Mary Anne...

Thanks!


Hey Wolfbaby...

*whisper* I agree!

later...

September 17, 2006 5:51 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

Oh, Oliver is such a handsome boy! Thank you, thank you for posting his pictures and I am all for him being a part of your online store. I love Oliver!

September 18, 2006 8:40 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Thanks Lea!

September 18, 2006 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you cat is lovely... I recently lost my cat through tail injury, it was too high up and she went into a coma after not being able to go to the toilet at all, the vet had to stop her suffering... She was the most sociable friendly cat that I ever seen, loved all people and neighborhood bbqs!
I miss her everyday

September 19, 2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Angela...

I'm sorry about your cat.

I've seen that happen once before. It's a really sad thing. You did the best thing you could do for her.

September 19, 2006 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home