< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Nuke 'em...

You know when Windows likes to take over your computer and force you to download updates?

It's really irritating, you know?

Anyway...

I guess that I am officially ~obsolete~.

When the update "enforcer" kicked me over to their update page there was the following notice:

Important: End of Support for Windows 98 and Windows ME

Effective July 11, 2006, support for Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition and Windows ME(and their related components) will end. Updates for Windows 98 and Windows ME will be limited to those updates that currently appear on the Windows Update website. Microsoft will no longer create new updates for Windows 98 or Windows ME after this date. This notice reflects the policies of the Microsoft Support Lifecycle. For more information, please read the Support Lifecycle policy. To enhance the security of your computer and to continue receiving updates, we recommend upgrading to one of the currently supported versions of Windows. For more information, visit the Microsoft Windows website.
.

I knew that this was going to happen.

But still...

It is kind of a ~shock~ to my *system*.


And so, Microsoft has abandoned me.


It was about this time last year that I was complaining about my backyard pestilence.

The tree rats are back in full force.

My pecan crop is slim this year. Mostly due to the drought I'm sure.

Nevertheless, they are determined to strip every pecan from my two trees that they possibly can.

While the pecans are still in their green husks of course.



So since my cupboards appear to be bare around here...

The squirrels have now taken to my bird feeders with a vengeance.

And instead of being grateful, they have shown their displeasure at the low quality of fare that I have to offer them.



This is a cedar bird feeder that my oldest daughter, Calais, gave me for Christmas.

See the splintered wood?

Those darn squirrels are bent on destroying it.

*Dang*

That makes me really mad!


You know...

I'm already under a lot of stress.


So this afternoon I take a break from my studies and walk to the front of the house.

Some movement catches my eye.


What the heck?


There's this huge, gigantic yellow jacket nest on my front porch!

Why hadn't I noticed it before now?

Before it was so ~populated~ and so... so ~big~?!!




Gee whiz...

I can't believe the pestilence here in my own backyard!




At this point, I'm really tired.

"Tired of it" to be exact.



So I went and got my can of flying insect killer out and killed the wasps.


The wasps are D.E.A.D.


I think I'll put in my application to be a warden for one of Bush's secret CIA prisons.


I think I've got the right attitude for it now.


later...

8 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

*Prayers*

*hugs*

take a break

come watch a wall of prayer be raised on Saturday ...8 am :)

616 S. Cedar, Broken Arrow. It'll do your heart good :D

September 06, 2006 10:52 PM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

TJ. . . . I have been so busy with deer and raccoons that I have failed to mention my tree rats. . . . I have a 15 year old pecan tree that I have never. . . .never gotten a pecan from because the tree rats. . . steal every one. . . they don't even wait until they are ripe. . . . nope they steal them green. . . eat them all over the place and stain my side walk and cars. . . .I have given up. . . . they can have my big bodacious pecans. . . I will only dream of getting them.
Ciao

September 06, 2006 11:37 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Now, I just knew there was a good reason I live here and not there!! You just have too much wildlife living in your back garden - a bit too close for comfort, lol!

September 07, 2006 7:42 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Oh yes, the wonderful tree rats. They took over my back yard in RI, along with the chipmunks, groundhogs, and deer! So, we got 3 "Have A Heart" traps. You put peanut butter and seed inside, and they can't resist. It doesn't kill them, but traps them so you can relocate them. I swear it worked wonders. It saved our garden and our fruit trees. I highly recommend them.
BTW: You should totally apply to one of those jails!

September 07, 2006 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL..did i do that out loud???? sorry.... Im sorry your struggeling the rodents right now but just think not long and it will be winter and they will go elsewhere... still waiting on the final... prayers for the final.. have a good day T.J. and I pray your grades are better then mine!!!

September 07, 2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Peggikaye...

That's EXCITING!!

Ummm... 8 a.m.

As in 8 in the morning?

Gee... I really want to be there, but I would have to leave here at 6 a.m.


eat them all over the place and stain my side walk and cars. .

Hey Sicilian...

I can IDENTIFY! It's really getting bad around here with all the "pecan trash".


You just have too much wildlife living in your back garden

Hey Sue...

After I posted last night, I let the dogs out before bed. I stepped outside and what hit my olfactory system?

SKUNK! I smelled a skunk somewhere near my yard!

And yes... I do live within the city.


Hey Pattie...

Right now I don't feel like I "Hav-a-Hart".

BTW: You should totally apply to one of those jails!

The way you said this made me laugh out loud. :+)


Hey Wolfbaby...

Will pray for that final for you. And thanks for the wonderful well wishes! With your 4.0, how could I go wrong?!

later...

September 07, 2006 3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ ... it sounds as if you need to begin digging trenches and camouflaging your rocket launcher! You're at war as all of those critters try to take you out!

Last year, we had one of those "tree rats" in the camp with us - little bugger stole our food, and even made off with Daein's gum! He'd sit just out of reach in the rafters and munch away on the goodies he pilfered from us. Shameless little twerp!

Good luck as the battle progresses!

September 10, 2006 8:43 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Thanks Moof!

The way it looks now, I might need to call in reinforcements!

later...

September 10, 2006 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home