< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Another Reason to Vote...

There's a case that is coming up before the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals...

The case is Newdow v. United States Congress.


Michael Newdow is the atheist who fought to get the Pledge of Allegiance out of the California classrooms.

He said that it was bad for his daughter to be forced into reciting the pledge.


They took prayer out of schools when I was a little kid.


And years later, I have wished many times that my Mom and Dad...

And other people like them...

Had fought that decision with everything that they could muster.


But they didn't.


Years ago they legalized abortion.

And there are many times that I wished that my Mom and Dad...

And other people like them...

Had fought that decision with everything that they could muster.


But they didn't...


Today we have cases all across the country that are eroding the foundation that this country was built upon.

From removing the Ten Commandments from courthouses...

Banning nativity scenes from parks and courthouse lawns...

To taking the words "In God We Trust" out of the Pledge of Allegiance...

And eventually moving towards the removal of that phrase from our currency.



There are tens of thousands of people who believe that these actions are wrong...

Yet they won't go and vote for their "voices" in their elected offices and their courthouses.


To sit down and refuse to vote because you aren't 100% happy with the candidates...

As if your refusal to go to the polls will make *your statement* be heard.


You must choose the candidate that will represent your values and your beliefs.

You must realize that unless you are going to run for office yourself, that there is not one candidate that is going to be 100% satisfactory to everyone.


It is not the choice between two evils...

It isn't about choosing between bad and worse.

It is about choosing who will represent *you*.


Who will be your *voice*?


Silence can't be heard.

later...

3 Comments:

Blogger Smalltown RN said...

I've always been a firm believer in utilizing your right to vote and vote for the individual that you believe best represents your view points and who you blieve to be accountable.

I for one have always enjoyed going to meetings where the candidates would be speaking. Just to hear them problem solve on their feet without any prepared speech is very interesting and eye opening.

Hope you have a grand day.

cheers

October 18, 2006 2:56 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Hi TJ:
Your point about getting out to vote is an important one. I could not agree more with that. I vote for those officials I believe will best represent what I believe.

I have much to say about your other points, mainly the prayer in schools and legalizing abortion but I realize these are polarizing topics. People will always disagree on these two issues.

October 18, 2006 6:40 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Mary Anne...

I hope you have a *grand* day too!


Hey Pattie...

You are welcome to air you viewpoints if you wish. I don't have a problem with that.

And I'm sure that you realize that I will always have a reply.

;+ )

later...

October 18, 2006 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home