< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Hello from New York!

I just thought that I would stop and write a line or two to let you guys know how things are going.


First of all, we were over three hours late leaving town.

We sat in the OKC airport waiting to leave.

It seems that the weather was bad in Chicago which delayed our flight and several others. A lot of people were waiting on other flights as well, because the weather was bad in Denver too.


We missed our connecting flight in Chicago...

Which made us even later getting in.

~Really Late~


Then... Our luggage didn't make it in with us.

But it arrived okay the next morning.

~whew~


We took the train into New York City and got off at Grand Central Station.

~wow~


We spent about 15 hours in NYC...

Riding the subway everywhere we went.

And of course walking, walking, walking...


*sigh*


Who needs exercise gyms in this city?

~Gee Whiz~

I think I lost 10 pounds.


Of course, we were all 'green horns' getting around town, but we did pretty good.

And by the end of the day/night...

We were getting much better at it.


*smile*


Glad there wasn't too big of a learning curve there.


One incident did take my breath away though.

Parker's male ego/hormones/narcisstic personality took over at one of the subway stops and he jumps up and gets out of the car.

~WHAT THE HECK?~

I realized what he had done and jump up after him to tell him to get back in the car.


But it was too late...

The door shut in his face before he could get in.


So there go Carrie and I...

Still on the train...

Watching my baby boy getting smaller and smaller until we are overtaken by the darkness of the tunnel.


My logical mind started to struggle with the situation...

How was I going to get my kid out of the bowels of this ginormous city?


Panic wasn't going to do me any good.

And I could see that Carrie was about to get physically ill.


We got to the next stop and we couldn't get off and transfer to the other train to go back.

~Lord... Make Parker stay where he is.~

Don't leave Parker.

Stay where you are.


The next stop seemed to be forever away, but we were able to crossover and take a train back.


We got there and searched the station for him.

And there he was...

Looking very small...

At 14 years old, he's still my baby.



He spied us and came running down the terminal.

~Don't tell him that I said this~

But he looked like a very happy lanky Golden Retriever, bounding his way home.


*Thank you Lord for your protection!*


Why did Parker get off the train?

Because, according to his calculations, we were supposed to get off there.


Never mind what Mom had to say about it!


Which makes me wonder about a few things...


Who needs artificial intelligence when you have a teenager or two?


So...

We saw a lot of things...

And had a lot of experiences.


I'll have to share more with you guys, but I don't know when I will have access again.


later...

8 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

The weather was bad in Chicago and you missed your flight? NNNNOOOOO....
:)
I swear every time I have flown through Chicago, I either have missed or narrowly missed my flight because of weather.
And I am so glad to hear that Parker stayed put. How scary would that have been? Oh boy...I think I might have thrown up myself.
I am anxiously awaiting to hear all about your trip!

October 29, 2006 4:40 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

Oh my! that made my heart leap! I'm so glad he's safe.

My 14 year old gets an extra hug tonight.

Glad so far the trip has been otherwise good.

Tell Parker I said not to scare us all like that!

October 29, 2006 7:31 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

I am glad that you are having fun and that everyone is safe!

October 30, 2006 7:37 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh dear, not such a great start... Sounds like you made up for it! That must have been one terrifying moment when the doors shut and Parker was on the other side. Well done you for keeping calm and well done Parker for staying put and well done Carrie for not throwing up!

Looking forward to hearing more exciting stories (and photos?)

October 30, 2006 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every used to be on the boat riding a hundred trips between Manhattan and of Staten Island I awed look at the Liberty Statue - even more on it's other tiny isle. Your photos were great.
Hope that you were able to visit lots of spots at New York; many I enjoyed in the years I lived for a while.

November 02, 2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Dr. Engel...

NYC is certainly someplace that we would like to go back and see more of.

Glad to see that you are "out and about". It must mean that you are feeling better?

I'm glad you stopped by!

later...

November 02, 2006 9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know how you kept your cool T.J.. i'd have been freaking out.. glad it worked out ok.. take care

November 04, 2006 6:28 PM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

TJ. . . I could not believe Grand Central Station. . . I felt like a little bug in a big world. . . it was so Grand. . .
Ciao

November 05, 2006 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home