< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Stark Contrast...

I just got home a little bit ago.

And I've had a very long and tiring day today, but I could not go to bed without commenting about a concept that I feel is very important for all of us to grasp.

I apologize up front for not putting in links like I usually do. Maybe that will come tomorrow, or the next day?

The tragic shooting of the Amish school children in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, is heart rending.

I have been too busy to keep up with all the headlines and stories on this tragedy...

The young girl who asked the shooter to kill her first so that the others may live.

And her younger sister offering her life as well.


How about the forgiveness that they have already extended to the Roberts family?


Or the Amish hugging and offering their condolences to the widow of the shooter.


Money is pouring in from around the world to help pay for the hospital and other related expenses that have stemmed from this horrible, horrible tragedy.

With all of that money pouring in...

What have the Amish asked for?

That another fund be set up for the shooter's widow and his children.


The Amish have certainly opened a window...

A window that the entire world can peer into...

And see the true heart of God.


This is a stark contrast to the reaction of the printing of a couple of cartoons of Mohammed, or maybe reading from an ancient text, in that you receive a barrage of death and destruction for it.

You even get a holy war declared out of it all.

But you don't get any "moderate Muslims" standing up or protesting the actions of the "extremist Muslims".

You don't hear about any moderate Muslims extending any condolences to the families of victms either. Much less sending money to the widows and orphans of the dead that were murdered in the name of Allah.

The Muslims state that they will kill anyone who is an infidel. An infidel being someone who doesn't believe in Islam and refuses to convert to Islam.


The entire Amish community have reached out of their isolation towards the shooter's family. They have stated that the Roberts family has a harder road to travel than they do.

Can you imagine that?

No screaming.

No anger.

No threats.

No hate.

Only concern and extended love towards those whom they could easily shun.


Which religion would I be inclined to embrace...

The one that holds a sword to my throat...

Or the one that extends their heart and their souls through their grief; thinking of me in my time of vulnerability and betrayal?


If I were to have the Muslims and the Koran on one hand, and the Holy Bible and the Amish on the other...

Which would I label as the Religion of Peace?

Which one would you choose?


later...

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

That's a lovely piece of writing TJ. The Amish community are so forgiving it certainly makes me feel very humble.

Have a restful weekend!

October 06, 2006 11:29 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sue...

Thanks.

I'll be working on a final paper all week-end.

But I'll try to take some breaks here and there!

;+ )

later...

October 07, 2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

A religion of peace...of love...of acceptance. A religion of forgiveness.
This is a shining example to all of us how to a good life.

Off subject: good luck with the paper writing this weekend. :)

October 07, 2006 1:53 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Pattie...

*thanks*

later...

October 07, 2006 3:57 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Linda...

Thanks!

later...

October 08, 2006 9:54 AM  
Blogger Lea said...

I love your ability to see the truth in a complicated world.

Thank you for that post!

October 09, 2006 5:45 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Lea...

Thanks!

later...

October 09, 2006 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home