< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Statue of Liberty...



It is one thing to see magnificent creations in pictures...



But quite another to see them in real life.


You don't quite grasp the magnitude of this work, and the time period that it was created, until you see it for yourself.




We were able to see the Statue of Liberty the day before her 120th birthday which was on October 28th.




Engineered without the aid of computers...

Created without power tools...

Amazing and awe-inspiring.





Carrie, Parker and Lady Liberty.




Here is something that I never had realized...

The date that is recognized as Independence Day for the United States is on the tablet, written in Roman Numerals.


Only one of the amazing details in this beautiful statue...

That is weathering the passage of time.



There have been many words written about this statue...

All poignant and beautiful.


Millions of emotions are forever entertwined with this symbol of refuge and freedom.


May she continue to stand for the reasons for which she was built.


May we continue to be the country that we were intended to be.


I pray that God continues to bless our nation...

And that our nation continues to pray.


later...

8 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

I got to see the Statue of Liberty when I was 16 ... and went to Nationals (ACE competition).

It was awesome. I remember being in shock that she was really really green.

I'm glad you got to see her, she is something I think every American should get a chance to see.

November 01, 2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Peggikaye...

I think everyone should be able to see her too.

It's quite amazing.

BTW...

The pictures of your house are wonderful! I'm so happy for you and your family!

later...

November 01, 2006 9:29 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

I am glad to see they reopened Lady Liberty to the public and that you and the kids got to see it up close.... YEAH! Isn't it a beautiful site?
I want to hear all about the rest of your trip, too! What else did you do?

November 02, 2006 4:21 AM  
Blogger Lea said...

Awesome pictures. I hope to see her in person some day.

Cute kids you have too!

November 02, 2006 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, The Statue of Liberty epitomises America - it is there in all the BIG movies but I would love to see it up close and personal :)

I bet Carrie and Parker were telling you to "hurry up" with taking the photo!

November 02, 2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Pattie...

I'm glad that we were able to go there too. We weren't able to go up into the statue because that is still be limited by a restricted number of approved advance passes.


Hey Lea...

Going to NYC is something that I never believed that I would be able to do. If you ever get the chance you should go.

And thanks for the compliment. The kids are really sweet too, when they're asleep.

;+ )


Hey Sue...

I believe that the statue epitomizes America to all of us here too. It is truly a national monument.

It would be great if you got to *cross-over* and see it!

Carrie is always great with the pictures...

It's Parker that doesn't want to participate.

later...

November 02, 2006 9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beatiful pictures T.J. and a touching post...

November 04, 2006 6:30 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Thanks Wolfbaby...

November 04, 2006 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home