< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Working Feverishly...Or Feverishly Working?

It gets confusing sometimes.

I am working really hard to get ten days worth of schoolwork completed in about five days.

And I don't feel good.

I can't tell exactly what's wrong with me.

Could it just be stress?


Maybe so.


I have to get all of this schoolwork, and a test, completed early because the kids and I will be out of town.

I'm just so very thankful that the professor is allowing me to take the test early.

I am already totally stressed out about this class.

I think part of it is because the professor, who is teaching the course, is also...

the co-author of the text!


Gee whiz...


Maybe I'm putting too much pressure on myself.

Would you feel more pressure if you found out that your instructor was also the person who wrote the 700+ (13" x 12") pages that you were studying from?


If you wouldn't...

Would you please tell me all the reasons why not.

Maybe I could 'psych' myself out with them...

Tattoo them on my wrists and arms...

Or something.


I have two days of CE (continuing education) classes to take this Saturday and Sunday in New York.


I wanted to go to New York City...

Kind of.

But I definitely didn't want to go there by myself.


God has been good and I have been blessed once again, and so I am able to take my 'last two' kids with me.

Granted, I will be like a fish out of water.

The 'country girl' in the 'big city'.


The kids are excited too.

Especially since they have permission from the school to "skip class"!

Well, Parker is ~a little concerned~. Especially since he saw that our 'electronic' tickets had *United Airlines* written on them.

He doesn't think it is a good idea to fly to NYC on a plane that says "United" on the side of it.


So we will be praying for our trip too.


If anyone of you guys have ever been there and have some helpful hints, tips, advice, or ~anything~...

It would most certainly be appreciated!


It takes a long time, even by airplane, to get to New York from Oklahoma...

So, we will have two days of travel, two days of CE, and one day for NYC.


We will be able to spend one full day in New York City, and I want to see three of (what I consider to be) the most important things there.

1. The Statue of Liberty
2. The site of the World Trade Center
3. The American Museum of Natural History (the dinosaur fossils)



For the more seasoned travelers...

Do you have any other suggestions?

Or will these three things take up all the time that we will have?

I'm thinking that it probably will.


We will be staying in White Plains, New York.

And I will be finished with my classes at 5 p.m.

Do you guys know of some neat things in White Plains that we can see, or do, on a Saturday or Sunday evening?


Well...

I had best be getting to bed.

I had a lot of trouble this morning with my balance.

So I probably need the rest.


later...

5 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

You amaze me by how much you try and squeeze into such a small amount of time! I have no answers, sorry, to any of your questions. I would feel extremely intimidated if it was my Professor... and I have never been to New York! Never been to USA at all. Would love to. Perhaps one way...

Good luck with your studies and I hope you have a tremendous time in NYC and get to see EVERYTHING!

October 23, 2006 11:54 PM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

TJ. . . . definetly the world trade center. . . it will touch your heart.
Central park is way cool, but it would be nice to not do a microwave tour like I had to do.
Time Square at night and during the day. . . . you will be amazed at how that place buzzes.
Of course, you heard it here first. . . Little Italy. . . it was impressive even for a lowly Sicilian girl like me.
Just for fun walking around and seeing all the things you see on TV is pretty cool too!
Best advice. . . get a map. . . my cousins new the town. . . if they had not . . . I would not have been able to navigate all the things we did in one day.
Ciao

October 24, 2006 7:05 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sue...

It would be neat if you could come to the States.

Or better yet...

If I could go to England!

;+ )


Hey Sicilian...

Little Italy would be neat to see. Maybe find a nice place to eat?

We'll see. I'm sure it really depends on what side of town that it's on.

I just hope that I don't feel like we've run out of time to see the things that I want to.

Thanks guys.

later...

October 24, 2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

First of all, take good care of yourself! Take a deep breath, eat, take a nice bath....destress....then start studying again. And yes, I would be stressed if my professor wrote the text! :)

About NYC, I have been there many times. It is a fun, energized city, and there is no place like it anywhere.

That being said, White Plains is about 30 minutes outside of Manhattan. The best way to get into the city would be by subway/train.

The taxis can be expensive, although the experience of driving in the back of one is exhilarating....lots of honking horns, speeding, agressive driving...sure to turn your hair white! The Museum is amazing, but it will take half a day just to do that. It is close to Central Park, so you can kill two birds with one stone.

Also, make sure the Statue of Liberty is open. I know it was off limits after 9-11 for many years.I am not certain they re-opened it to the public. In order to get out there, you have to take a ferry to Staten Island and that alone can take most of the day.

The kids might enjoy Chelsea Piers, which has alot of deversions such as golf and games.

The Empire State Building is a nice way to spend an hour, and the view is spectacular.

Times Square is the place you want to go to see the "heart of NY"....the blinking signs, billboards, etc is like nothing you have ever seen before. And the kids might like to know the MTV studios are there.

My favorite? Rockerfeller Center, where the NBC studios are located. You might be able to catch the Today show, or see a band play or have lunch by the fountains. You can also tour the NBC studios, which is a fun way to spend a couple of hours. Anyway, there certainly is no lack of things to do!

Ground Zero? Yes, you should go. It is very emotional.

Sorry to go on and on, but I am excited for you!

October 25, 2006 7:14 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Pattie...

Thanks for the tips!!!

I really appreciate it!

I am most certain that the site of the WTC will be very emotional.

The memorial here for the Oklahoma City Bombing is as well.

Thanks again Pattie.

later...

October 25, 2006 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home