< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

New York City Streets...



One of the things that we really enjoyed while we were in New York City was people watching.

The street vendors and performers were of great interest to us.


It seems weird to me that there are people who support themselves by performing on the streets and in the subways of New York City. We even saw a mime in the subway!


I'm quite proud of this photo that I took with my little 'point and shoot' camera.


I was able to catch this guy, who was actually part of an acrobatic team, in mid-air as he somersaulted over the backs of his "volunteers".

Can you believe that?

I can only imagine the pounding that their bodies take landing on concrete and asphalt day after day.


~Ahhh... The days of youth...~


New York City was like being in an entirely different country to us.


So different...

And odd in an interesting way.


It was quite the adventure for us!


later...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me of Covent Garden in London where there are lots of street performers especially living statues who can stand so still that it's hard to believe they are real!

BTW. Great photo! :-)

Sue

November 02, 2006 11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture is amazing!

November 03, 2006 7:23 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Great pic, TJ.
There is no place like NYC...truly. Did you see the guys who paint themselves silver from head to toe and act like robots?
There are some creative and talented people on the streets out there.There are alot of them in San Fransisco, too.

November 03, 2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sue...

Living statues? How long can they keep it up?


Hey Lea...

Thanks!


Hey Pattie...

No! We didn't see *those* guys! There was a lot of talent out there.


I'm glad you guys liked the picture. I was really surprised that I caught it myself!

later...

November 03, 2006 3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ ... wow! You are definitely the great traveler! ;o)

NY this time!

I agree, by the way ... I loved watching all of the people in NYC. There were a lot of interesting folk.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, and that you got back home safe and sound!

November 03, 2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Moof...

This is the most I have traveled in my entire life.

I have been blessed.

later...

November 03, 2006 6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't imagine what it would be like to live in a place like that... i hear new york is like it's own little world ya know? great pic

November 04, 2006 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home