< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thunder Snow...

I have an enormous work load in school right now.

So I apologize for being too busy to stop by and visit with you guys.


It's late and I am just going to have to shut my computer down and go on to bed.

But I felt that I needed to "touch base" with you guys first.


Yesterday was a beautiful day...

75 degrees, sunshine, not too much wind.


Well today...

The temperature has been falling all day and hasn't stopped yet. It's currently 27 degrees (-3 c for my metric friends), high winds, and 1/2 of a foot of snow is expected to be on the ground by morning.

A cold front has slammed us with bitter cold Arctic air.

About an hour or so ago there was thunder and lightning, which was followed by sleet. It is still sleeting right now.

I've experienced "thunder snow" one time before, about 11 or 12 years ago. It's really weird to have thunder and lightning accompanied with frozen precipitation.

Around here thunder and lightning are usually associated with springtime storms.


I really, really don't like cold weather. The forecast says that we won't be above freezing until Friday afternoon. If we get a large amount of snow, it's possible that we won't get above the 32 degree mark until Saturday.

**brrrr**

I want to be back to our average November temperatures of the mid and upper 50's!

But I guess that I will have to concede to the fact that December is just a day or so away.

And with that comes the cold, gray days of winter.


I'm praying that all of you guys are safe and warm.


As for myself...


I'm praying for some warm sunshine!


;+ )


later...

10 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

Hi!
Thunder, lightning and sleet - wild stuff!

We are expecting your winter weather to be here on Friday. Gee, thanks. :)

We, too have been enjoying 70-degree weather in November, but it is going to change very soon.

Best of luck with all that you are doing.

November 30, 2006 6:05 AM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

TJ . . . today I am going to click my ruby red slippers and hope to end up in Texas before work tonight. . . . it is cold . . . . brrrrrrrrrrr.
Ciao

November 30, 2006 6:45 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

it was thundering ..lightening ...sleeting and snowing here all at the same time.

We have a half an inch of ice this morning.

Covered by a half an inch of snow ... but ...that is better than the 10 inches of snow they claimed we were going to get.

November 30, 2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Lea...

You're ?welcome?

;+ )


Hey Sicilian...

Still in Colorado? I hope you have a safe trip home!


Hey Peggikaye...

I hope that you don't get that much snow, but it looks like you might!

It was thundering and lightning again this morning!!

Except this time it was accompanied with snow.

It is bitter, bitter cold with a brisk 30 - 35 mph wind here.

later...

November 30, 2006 3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi TJ

It's been an exceptionally warm November here as well but December promises to be a bit more colder - brrr.

Sue

December 01, 2006 5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having grown up in Southern California I definitely hate the cold weather! We're sitting in 4 inches or better of snow right now! YUCK! But I guess with this drought we really kinda needed it.

December 01, 2006 7:14 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

I don't know how many inches we have ...several. At least 6 or 7 ... maybe 8. Maybe more ...it's deep. It's glittering ...bright ...pure ...light ...cold ...

beautiful ...

and we're warm and toasty inside ...and that's where we're staying. :)

It was very cool watching the christmas lights across the street last night after the snow burried the lights .. and the lights illuminated the snow. (Except in the ou pattern lol)

December 01, 2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sue...

I'm glad you have a warm place to stay!

I was wondering...Do you guys get snow over there?


Hey Squirrel...

I know I need to quit complaining, because we are exceptionally dry and really did need the moisture. Even it was frozen.


Hey Peggikaye...

Only in Oklahoma would you find a college football team's logo outlined in Christmas lights.

Glad you are toasty in your new house. Aren't you loving it?!

later...

December 01, 2006 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ: Not very much. Last year we had a smattering of snow in between Christmas and New Year - it only just covered the ground but we made the most of it and got the sledges out. By lunchtime, we were sledging down a muddy hill!

December 02, 2006 1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh haaa glad I wasn't the only one to experience the weirdness of lightnening thunder sleet/snow storms LOL... not that i want anyone else to experience the pain but you know... it hit ya'll first then headed directly for us.. brrr. Im still cold...

December 02, 2006 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home