< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Times Square and Grand Central Station...



One of our stops in New York City was Times Square.

It is an amazingly busy place!



And the lights of the electronic billboards are so bright!

We knew that we were getting close to it long before we even got there.


It was like a glowing and pulsating organism...

Similar to something that you might see in an old sci-fi movie.


*smile*


Even McDonald's was there competing with the darkness with its own brilliant wattage.

When I saw the familiar "golden arches" I laughed to myself and thought...


"Only in America."





The animated billboards were the most intriguing of them all.




New York City is a complex combination of the old and the new.

Modernism and antiquity rolled into one.


I think that it is a very unique blend...

With an unusual but intriguing harmony.



Grand Central Station is...

well...

*Grand*.


There's no other way to describe it.


I had similar feelings as Sicilian when she said,

TJ. . . I could not believe Grand Central Station. . . I felt like a little bug in a big world. . . it was so Grand. . .




I could not believe how beautiful Grand Central Station was.

I tried to absorb all of the details that I could...


Consciously trying to imprint the memory of this place forever into my mind.




It all but took my breath away.


To walk in those great halls gave one a sense of being a part of something larger than life.


Being an American means that we are a part of something that is larger than life.


But I suppose that sometimes...

We just need to be reminded of it.


later...

5 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

I can see those! Just beautiful!!!

November 05, 2006 10:12 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

What better place to be reminded of all that then in NYC.
Times Square is quite the place. We stayed at the "W" hotel there last year, in the heart of it. It was a very funky and strange place (the hotel, not the Square)

I think all the glaring signs and other sights and sounds are just overwhelmingly exhilarating.
I love your pics of Grand Central Station, too. It is grand!
Hey, TJ, it sounds like you really enjoyed your stay in NYC. Any chance of going back sometime?
And I must say, I cannot BELIEVE how much you did and saw in just a few days. Well done! :)

November 06, 2006 5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with what you have seen and done. Some friends of ours have been to New York but they only seem to go for the shopping - at least, that's all I've heard them talk about. You have made me realise what a really great place it would be to visit - maybe one day .....

November 06, 2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Peggikaye...

It is, isn't it?


Hey Pattie...

I don't know if I will ever have the funds or the means to make another trip like this again.

BTW... We did all of this in *one day*.

=8+D


Hey Sue...

Just as I would love to go and see England too!

It would be really great if you could come over here and see it, as well as a lot of other places that are here in the U.S.

later...

November 06, 2006 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so amazing T.J. Those pics... wow

November 10, 2006 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home