< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Honestly...

I've read several posts this evening with poignant reflections concerning this time of year...

Ways to make Christmas special.

Changing our point of view from the commercial aspects of Christmas, and directing our thoughts towards what it should really mean to us and our families.


And yes, you are right about all those things, and I whole-heartedly support you all.


But guys...

I have to be honest with you.

There are many times in December that I don't feel all warm and fuzzy inside.


And I don't actually feel recovered from the Christmas Season until about March or so the following year.


This video seems to express my stress...





later...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never seen anything like it. Was it for charity? We have a few homes that "light up" and those who go to view them are encouraged to pay, with the money going to charity. Mind you, this house makes ours look very tame!

Sue

December 05, 2006 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that house on a message board yesterday. Yeah... I gotta say... that house kinda scares me.

I understand the stress of the season and not feeling the "warm and fuzzy" part of Christmas. I think it is important to take time to do something to remember what joy there can be in the season. Take your family on a drive to Chickasha and see the lights at Shannon Springs Park. I just did that last night for the first time. Well worth the drive and if you don't arrive with a smile you will surely leave with one.

December 06, 2006 4:40 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sue...

Putting Christmas lights on houses in the United States are a favorite past time for many.

This home's display is "tame" compared to many even in the Oklahoma City area.

There are entire neighborhoods that seem to have a competitive spirit when it comes to their outdoor displays.

There are some neighborhoods that are inundated with the traffic jams that occur from the spectators.

I've heard some people say that their electricity bills go up $200 to $300 for every month that they have their Christmas lights on. Most lighting displays are set up during the Thanksgiving holiday week-end.


Hey Shelly...

I have been to Chickasha several times. It is very nice there. My favorite is always the "light covered" bridge.

This year I was thinking of going to the one in Del City. Or is it in Midwest City?


Hey Linda...

I don't know, but it looks quite ~involved~. Parker and I have had a discussion about whether it was edited video or still shots.

My argument is that it is a compilation of still shots.

But who knows?

Either way, it is complex!

later...

December 06, 2006 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a real house.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp

Check it out and enjoy. :)

December 06, 2006 1:53 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

My sister in law sent me this video via e-mail last year. I loved it!
Anyway, I still haven't recovered from last Christmas, so I am with you :)

December 09, 2006 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home