< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Semester Break...

Well, I have a small break before I get inundated with school work again.

I want to get two of the upstairs bedrooms and the hall painted during this time...

But I don't know if things will go "my way".


I really don't want any half-baked projects in the house while I am trying to concentrate on my studies.


I had been working on these things a little bit at a time after we had moved into this house...

But when I had my surgery...

Well, everything pretty much stopped.

That was three years ago in November.

Then I decided to go to college.

And ever since then, I have really done nothing other than go to work, attend class, study, and complete assignments.



I've had a few distractions this week which have taken the wind out of my sails.


One of my concerns is my dad.

Three years ago, at almost the same exact time that I had discovered that I had a brain tumor...

They found a retinal melanoma in my dad's left eye.


My father and I had surgery within weeks of each other.

My mom was pretty much beside herself.


I lost my hearing and ended up with partial paralysis of the left side of my face...

And my dad lost his eye.


Last week, Mom called and said that she had some bad news.

They found another tumor in my dad, and it was behind his right eye.

His only eye.


They did surgery yesterday and this time Dad woke up with his eye still there.

Last time, Dad didn't know that he was going to wake up without his left eye.


Dad seems to be in pretty good spirits and says that he is doing well.

And he is very thankful that he can still see.


So, I am counting my blessings...

And I am hoping that I will get these projects taken care of before classes start again.


I hope that all of you guys are certainly doing well.

God Bless.

later...

9 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

Wow TJ, that is a lot to handle. I am thankful that your dad came through the surgery and can still see.

Enjoy your break from school and good luck with the painting.

Try to sit down some during your break. :)

December 14, 2006 7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try and relax and enjoy your break! Glad to hear your father came out of surgery okay. Maybe thats a good sign that this Christmas will be a great one!

December 14, 2006 10:51 AM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

TJ. . . much to be thankful this December. . . so glad your family is in good spirits.
My prayers are for healing for all of you and that you all will be blessed.
Ciao

December 16, 2006 4:16 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Thanks for the well wishes guys...

I hope that you are having a great week-end.

later...

December 16, 2006 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi TJ

Splendid news about your dad - it must have evoked a few memories for you and your mum and been a very worrying time.

Can't you ever take it easy?! Most poeple would just want to have a restful break - but, if not, good luck with the decorating!

Have a good weekend! :-)

December 17, 2006 12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow you have had a lot on your plate... for yourself as well as your parents. I am glad that your dad is doing well. Your poor mom... and all the stress you are under... yikes! its interesting that I have seen your comments over and over again at places we both visit but never really come bye... idk why... I will stop back again!

Until then I am wishing you and your family all good things!

cheers! Kate

December 17, 2006 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ...omg!! I never knew any of this...you are amazing..to overcome what you have and then get back into school. My goodness girl...I am so thankful that things turned out for your father...you couldn't ask for a better gift.

Sending my good vibes your way...and with regards to painting....hey you need a break...chill relax...regroup..spend time with the family...you know those walls will be there when you finish your course...do them then!!!

Take care my friend...

Cheers

December 17, 2006 10:06 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sue...

I take it easier than you do!

;+ )


Hey Kate...

Thanks for stopping by! I'll promise that I'll get around to visiting your place! I'm just running behind on my blogging duties is all.


Hey Mary Ann...

Listen to you! With all the stuff you do?

I'm lazy compared to all you guys!


=8+D

later...

December 19, 2006 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really glad your dad is doing ok and got to keep his sight he must have been terrified... hugs

December 27, 2006 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home