< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

This Ol' Computer...

I've been struggling with this computer of mine.

It has been a wonderful machine for me and hasn't given me a lick of trouble...

But I've seem to have "outgrown" it.


I find that the things that I am wanting to do aren't ~do-able~.

I want to work more with photographs and images in general...

I need a lot more RAM and a faster processor.

Of course, I need a new OS as well...

Windows 98 isn't going to cut it much longer. Even the internet is becoming Win98 unfriendly.

And I hear that there is a new operating system by Microsoft that is coming out called Vista.


I think three + generations of OS is long enough to wait for an upgrade.

Don't you?


So...

Time to start saving money for a new computer.


Do any of you have any recommendations that you would like to share with me?

And how about this Vista that's coming out...

Have you heard anything about it?


Any and all suggestions are welcome...

Except maybe from you Mac users.


*laugh*


I still haven't been convinced that a Mac is the way to go.

Call me "old-fashioned", I guess.


But...

If you have a convincing argument.

I will listen to it.


;+ )


later...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be saving for a new pc also.

On a completely unrelated note... is there any way to convince you to take the music off your blog? I really don't like being blasted with music, however nice the music might be, when I go to read someone's webpage.

December 29, 2006 6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ. . . I too am awaiting Vista. . . a friend is learning it in his geeky computer classes. . . he says it rocks.
Ciao

December 29, 2006 7:18 AM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

My computer geek cousins would tell you to go with mac ...but they work for mac...so I'm not sure their opinion counts. ;)

December 29, 2006 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get a Mac if you are used to a PC. They are completely different and you'll get really confused. Personally, I'm not a Mac fan. You can't do as much with them and they don't let you do a lot of things you should be allowed to do. It's also hard to troubleshoot with them as well. Although an avid Mac user would disagree.

December 29, 2006 9:42 AM  
Blogger Oakman said...

Sounds as if you should get the same brand of computer you have now.

December 29, 2006 3:32 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Shelly...

I'm sorry that you don't like the music.

Can we make some sort of a compromise?


Hey Sicilian...

That's good news about Vista. I wonder if one should wait to buy a computer with it already loaded or go with the upgrade?


Hey Peggikaye...

I've heard about the "Mac Groupies" and the phenomenon that seems to affect all those who have switched. The stories seem to be too... too surreal.


Hey Tiger...

Thanks for the advice! I promise to get the changes made in my sidebar!


Hey Mike...

I can't repeat the purchase. When we upgraded at work 6 1/2 years ago we had the new computers built for us by an individual. I was able to get mine at the same group price by adding it to our company order. That individual is no longer in the state.


Thanks guys!

later...

December 29, 2006 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey TJ, about computers, I don't recommend a Mac if you're used to Windows. The issues would be dealing with a completely new OS and user interface, and also that very few programs have been ported to both computers, so you'd also have to learn to use brand new software besides the system. It could be a very frustrating experience.

Regarding Vista, those I'm acquainted with who really know computers aren't too thrilled about it, so far. Apparently, it's an entirely new OS - and although they tried make everyone backward compatible, there are a lot of issues. Personally, I'm sticking with XP, and I'm going to let them continue to work on this new one for a few years before I move away from a system they've finally managed to stabilize into one they're still playing with.

Let us know what you go with! :o)

January 04, 2007 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home