< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What Happened to Google?

When I went to do some searching on the internet this afternoon, I found myself once again on a familiar page.



But today something caught my eye.

What is that? A strawberry dipped in chocolate you say?

No...

Not *that*.


Being the imaging expert that I am, *cough*, I found that something was missing.

One ~could~ call it a "physical abnormality".





The "L" is missing from Google.

Instead it says Googe.

How do you pronounce that?

"gooj" or "gouge"?


And just to prove that I didn't manipulate this image in any way, I present to you a page of search results complete with the mispelled "Google".




Yes...

I have developed a new hobby of sorts.

I am monitoring the search results on "Metropolitan Who's Who" and I am watching where this entry lands on the search returns:


BBB: Search Results(Metropolitan Who's Who ). 181 Freeman Ave Ste C, Islip, NY 11751 ... (Metropolitan Who's Who ). 76 W Main St Ste 1B, East Islip, NY 11730 ...
www.search.bbb.org/Results.aspx?n=Metropolitan+Who's+Who&add=&c=&st=&z= - 83k - Cached - Similar pages


Today the Better Business Bureau's reports are listed as the fifth entry on page three.

Of course, I am searching with the (") quotations around my terms.

later...


UPDATE

I wonder how long it is going to take them to fix this? It's been up there now for nearly an hour.

Surely, they're not "changing their name"?

hmmm...

UPDATE

What's the best way to cover up a mistake?

Pretend that you didn't make one.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey TJ,
That's a great catch. You're sharp. I saw the same page about 5 times yesterday but didn't notice the mistake. It's still not corrected (as of 8:30AM Indian Standard Time [GMT +5:30] on Feb 15. I have a picture grab to prove it too. I guess you are right. The people at google are pretending that there's nothing wrong.

February 14, 2007 6:58 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Vijay...

Don't you think that's weird?

February 14, 2007 8:14 PM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

I think it is very weird...and if they think we are stupid and won't see that they made a boo boo they they are sorely mistaken....hey do you have spell check here?

February 14, 2007 9:36 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

Were we supposed to think the strawberry's stem was the l ?

Silly Google.

Nice catch, TJ!

February 15, 2007 5:23 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Mary Anne...

hmmm... Spell check. I know it's here somewhere?


Hey Lea...

I believe we were?

It just doesn't seem right though that they would make ~me~ look like I was having difficulty in "catching the meaning" of it all.

Let's face it. The green stem does not make an *L*. Google just wants the error to be on us.

hmmpfff.

later...

February 16, 2007 12:04 PM  
Blogger David Hodges said...

That wasn't a mistake. It was a late (or very early) Christmas greeting: NO-EL!

February 16, 2007 2:35 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

NO-EL

*groannnn*

Okay...

I have to admit, that was "kind of" good.

Thanks, David, for the laugh, and also for stopping by!

later...

February 16, 2007 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh thats weird...

LOL your to funny:)

February 18, 2007 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home