< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Since I have completed my schoolwork, it seems that I would have been able to spend more time here.

Here on my blog, and with you guys on yours.

But it appears that I never am without something to do.


I'm sure that all of you can relate.


I start two new classes next week. I will be attending class on both Monday and Friday nights at the university.


Mom called this evening to let me know that they have gotten back home safe, again. Dad started chemo this week in Denver. They'll be flying from Texas once a week to the University of Colorado's cancer research center for a couple of months. They've already made three trips there in the last three weeks.

It's a good thing that my sister and her husband live there in Denver. Mom and Dad can stay at her house, play with their grandson, and get chauffered around town and back and forth to the airport.

The Lord has answered my prayers and so far Dad hasn't gotten ill from this first treatment. Yesterday he had a touch of nausea, and a little trouble with his equilibrium, but he says that he feels fine today. Of course, I am praying that he is healed from this terrible cancer too.


The weather was really nice for a couple of days after our horrible wind storm, and now it has cooled off again.

I have several crocus that are blooming and a couple of daffodils. They don't seem to be so sure about whether or not they want to stick their tender little heads out of the ground or not.

I can't say that I blame them. The weather has been full of drastic swings lately.

The tulips are putting out their leaves and so are my hyacinths. My poor flowers could really use some rain.

I pray for those families in Alabama. Especially those who lost loved ones in the tornadoes.

I hope that all of you are doing well this week.

Have a blessed Friday.

later...

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger euly said...

dropping by just to say hello! vale!

March 02, 2007 2:32 AM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

TJ . . . The chemo drugs have come a long way. When they give it they give iv meds to help with nausea.
I am glad that spring is coming. It will make the trip to Denver a little better.
Ciao

March 02, 2007 5:32 AM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

hey TJ my prayers are being said for your father....sounds like life is busy for you.....remember to take time for you...

Happy Friday!

March 02, 2007 10:10 AM  
Blogger euly said...

Thank you for your congratulations and if you want to learn italian i'm here for that eheh ...anyway i dropped by your sicilian friend's blog and i left a comment! Talk to you soon! bye bye

March 03, 2007 2:22 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

TJ,
I must have missed something. I didn't know your father has cancer. Do they have a special treatment in Colorado that they can't get in Texas? I am sending good thoughts that he will respond to the treatment and do well.

March 03, 2007 5:37 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Euly...

It's nice to meet a new blogger! It would be nice to learn Italian!


Hey Sicilian...

I'm glad that spring is almost here too. Mom and Dad were caught in a little snowstorm while they were there this past week. She said it took them 3 hours to get back to the house after the chemo treatment. Mom said it was a "nerve wracking" drive. *smile*


Hey MaryAnne...

Thanks. And I will.


Hey Pattie...

Thanks.

Dad was diagnosed with retinal melanoma just before I was diagnosed with my brain tumor three years ago. They removed his left eye. The cancer has returned and showed up behind his right eye, with metastasis to the lungs and abdomen. The type of cancer that Dad was diagnosed with is very, very rare and the cause is unknown.

There isn't any treatment for melanoma tumors. But there are currently three clinical trials in the United States.

They went to M.D. Anderson in Houston but they couldn't get in any clinical trials there because of his heart condition. The clinical trial at the University of Colorado accepted Dad as he met their criteria for that program.


later...

March 03, 2007 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know the busy feeling only to well. Make sure you don't stay so busy that you don't rest

Will be saying prayers for your dad.

March 03, 2007 3:09 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Retinal melanoma...I would imagine that would be quite rare indeed. I know that clinical trials can be quite stringent. At least he found a place where he can get the appropriate treatment and what luck! Close to your sister. Take good care, my friend. I am thinking of you....
:)

March 04, 2007 4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home