< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Friday, April 13, 2007

2007 Convention Highlights...

Carrie and Parker were gone all week participating in the annual spring regional convention. Attending the convention is the highlight of the kids' year. It is where they compete with students from other regional schools from several states in academics, sports, science and many other areas of interest. The qualifications for participation are quite stringent, so getting to go to the regional convention is also a reward for the students' hard work during the school year.

The top winners in each category get to advance to the international convention where they will compete with the winners from regional conventions across the United States and many countries around the world.

Today the kids arrived home safe and sound. They were also recipients of three medals each, which means they get to advance to the next round of competition at the international convention. They are really proud of themselves.

And I am proud of them too.

This year their photography entries made a strong showing!

If you recall, I was quite disappointed last year because I thought that their photographs were just as outstanding. But none of their entries made a showing.

Carrie entered three categories with two photographs. The one photograph, which was double entered, won in both of its categories. However, it can only advance in one category to the international convention.


Here's Carrie's winning entry:





Parker entered six separate photographs in six categories. These are his three winning entries.

His special effects entry:


Parker took a picture of his friend's cat. He had prolonged the shutter time, so when the cat walked off, it left a ghost-like image behind.


Parker's black and white entry:




Parker's scenic entry:




Well, I had better get to bed. I have a full week-end of assignments plus a term paper that is due next week.

You guys have a great week-end.

later...

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Smalltown RN said...

well congratulations to you all! Amazing...mom you must be so proud...those photos are great....I think i really love the special effects one...but again they are all fabulous...

April 14, 2007 1:09 AM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

TJ. .. the pics are beautiful Congrats to you and your children.
Ciao

April 14, 2007 5:49 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Smalltown...

Thanks! The special effects one is Parker's favorite as well.


Hey Sicilian...

Thanks!


later...

April 14, 2007 8:45 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Hi TJ

Thanks for stopping by to check up on me - yep, I'm still around but been taking a bit of a break from blogging. Got lots to tell so will get back to it real soon.

These photographs are fantastic! They are quite justified in being pround of themselves, as are you, Supermum!

Sue :-)

April 15, 2007 4:03 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sue...

Glad that things are okay. I'm anxious to "hear" what you've been up to lately!

later...

April 15, 2007 10:15 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

I can see why you are so proud of the kids. They are quite talented.
I wonder who they take after? ;-)
From what I have seen, their Mom is pretty artistic herself!

April 15, 2007 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow talent seems to run in the family!! thos pics are amazing.. you all must be so very proud

April 15, 2007 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have some really great kids! Those photos are fantastic!

April 15, 2007 8:05 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Yes, I'm proud of my kids. They really did a great job.

Thanks guys!

April 15, 2007 8:25 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

congratulations to both Carrie and Parker!!

My nephew just won a photography scholarship ($1200) to OSU tech.

These kids are just so talented!!

You may have written it and I may have missed it ..but where is Nationals this year?

I get such a kick out of reading about Regionals and Nationals. Such memories!

April 16, 2007 10:26 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Peggiekaye...

Glad to "see" you!

The nationals are at Flagstaff this year.

BTW... I shared your comment with Parker. That's a wonderful encouragement to hear about your nephew!

Thank you!

later...

April 17, 2007 9:21 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

Yeppers ... and he's a homeschooled kiddo!

Tell Parker to keep it up!

I was showing Samuel Parker's picture while waiting for the comments to load to see what your answer to me was and Samuel and I were saying I needed to show Parker's picture's to Stephen. :)

April 17, 2007 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home