< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Home Alone... And Unsupervised...

The kids are pursuing separate interests this week. They're on a ten day break.

Carrie is at the International Conference.

Parker is at his best friend's house. He didn't want to go on the trip (even though he qualified) because he thought that the trip cost too much money. I tried as hard as I could to convince him to go, but he had made up his mind. He didn't want to go.

He's always watching out for our family budget.

Parker is turning into quite the young man these days.


With these gasoline prices lately, I know that most everyone is feeling the squeeze.

I'm sure a lot of folks are tightening their gas budget belt.

Me? Well, my entire budget's belt has been tightened so much that I've about cut myself in two with it.


My assignments in my classes are quite unbelievable. I have been inundated with large projects.

As a consequence, I spend all my spare time reading chapters, writing papers, and taking tests.

One of my classes has a test on every Monday!

Can you believe that?


This same class has us doing research and an analysis every week as well!


Thank goodness that I have a special neighbor who is willing to help me out with my homework too.


This particular class is about human lifespan development.


{huh?}


Well, let's just say that we're covering human development from conception to the end of life.


Every week, the professor gives us an assignment.

And we have to have a partner to do it with.


Someone who is in a generation before ours.


Let me tell you.


At my age, this is getting to be a hard thing to do.


And no, I'm not giving Sue's age away, or anything like that.


*wink*


I have pretty much completed this week's paper tonight.

Of course, I will let it *sit* for a couple of days. Reread it, edit it, and then turn it in.


I'm funny that way about my papers.


I have to let it get ~cold~ before I check it over for errors or do any major editing to it.


Here on my blog, you guys don't get such special considerations.


What you see is what you get.


One of the advantages of not having any kids in the house is that you don't hear distracting noises all the time.

Noises like the refrigerator door shutting every 30 minutes or so.


Without any kids to feed...

And left to my own devices...

You will find that my diet really goes downhill.


In fact, it starts to resemble a teenager's diet.


Especially if I have a project that I'm working on. I get so involved that I tend to forget to eat.

Plus, I just don't have the desire to take the time to fix anything either.


Dietary habits like that does have its benefits.

I mean...

You can eat whatever hits your fancy at that very moment.


And the kids aren't home...

So you don't have to set a good example either.


By the way...

How many of you guys can live on guacamole and tortilla chips?


I most certainly can.


And huge pieces of German Chocolate cake with very large glasses of ice cold milk as well.





later...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

My 10-year-old is also concerned about the family budget. He asked last night how many miles per gallon our car gets. He was satisfied with 28. Then he commented on how expensive gas is.

A test every Monday? That makes Mondays even worse than they already are! Good luck with your classes!

May 23, 2007 5:57 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Lea...

Boys are so much different than girls are.

And they are very special.


As far as Mondays go...

I need all the help and well wishe I can get!

Thanks!

later...

May 23, 2007 12:16 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

I remember taking a lifespan class as well. Honestly, it was one of my favorites ;-)

And hey, you have chips and guacamole over there???? I'm on my way! *LOL* (and yes, I can live on that, too)

Your children sound so neat. Your sons' character is to be admired.

May 24, 2007 4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kids sound like they are great kids!!

sounds like your classes are getting harder just like mine are. Does that mean that.. hey were almost done right? right?

here's hoping.

May 25, 2007 12:14 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Pattie...

You're welcome any time!


Hey Wolfbaby...

I don't know, but your theory certainly makes me feel better.


later...

May 25, 2007 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home