< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Today's Mailbag...


I have been terribly busy with lots of schoolwork and I have gotten behind on a few things.

And I haven't been able to keep up with all of your blogs either.

I also have several "Mailbag" topics that I really want to discuss, but my mailbag items usually involve a bit of research which...

I just don't have the time for right now.




However...

This mailbag item is a No Brainer.


Last week I received this in the mail:

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT

Western District of Oklahoma

SUMMONS FOR JURY SERVICE


THE COURT SUMMONS YOU TO APPEAR FOR JURY DUTY BEGINNING ON THE DATE, TIME, AND PLACE SHOWN BELOW.




Yes folks...

I have been summoned to Petit Jury Duty.


And it's not a scam, a joke, or anything like that.


It's for r e a l.




hmmm...


Let's see what the U.S. District Court is up to tomorrow.


Really folks...

Wouldn't you just be quaking in your boots if you ever saw your name after USA v.?!



I'm glad that the courtrooms these days are modern, technologically advanced, and air conditioned.


It should make things a whole lot easier for me.


later...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

you are the second of my blog friends to get a jury summons this week!

Am i the only weird person to actually WANT to serve on a jury?

My step mother was on the grand jury when I was 13, and I have found the whole process quite facinating ever since. Regular juries to grand juries.

But alas, I've never been called.

I don't know that physically, I would be able to with stand it ... Don did it, but he spent the whole week waiting to be called to a jury ... and sitting around visiting ... he was not happy ... he was not thrilled about being called, but if they were going to drag him down there day after day, he at least wanted to SERVE on a jury.

June 25, 2007 10:28 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

I have been called several times myself over the years, but never actually served on a jury.

The thing is, I noticed you would have a 4-5 week commitment to it? Even though it wouldn't be everyday, that is a long time. In RI, it would be a 3 day commitment, unless you got assigned to a big case, then it would last a bit longer.

I am curious as to how you serve for that long and what you do about work. Do you still get paid? Is it time off that is required by law to be given? The times I was summoned, I was already staying home with my kids...

June 26, 2007 5:21 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Peggie Kaye...

This is the first time I have ever been summoned. And it would have to be Federal Court at that.


Hey Pattie...

That's my biggest problem with it all. If I'm not at work, I don't get paid.

And how many days off from work is going to be required of me?

I don't know! But I have to be available for several weeks.

All I can say is that I'm so very glad that my summons wasn't for a Grand Jury. Those things run into months and sometimes years.


The law requires the employer to give me the time off to serve as a juror but they don't have to pay me.

What makes it really bad is that the compensation by the government isn't even minimum wage. So instead of being happy to serve (which I would be if I were more financially able), it becomes a hardship. Especially for someone like me.

later...

June 26, 2007 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home