< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hurricanes in Oklahoma...

Well, we didn't have an actual hurricane in Oklahoma...

But a tropical storm?

Here?





By "hurricane and tropical storm standards", it would be considered a small one.


Even so, the remnants of Tropical Storm Erin certainly did cause some problems for us this Sunday.








And sadly, there were those who did not survive the storm and its flood waters.


Our prayers are with those families as they mourn their loss.


Here at my house I was quite fortunate.

And I have to admit that I slept through the entire event and wasn't aware of what was going on.

At all.

I woke up to quite a surprise this morning.

The high wind had torn off one of my porch lights...

And twisted off a fairly good sized tree limb and countless other smaller limbs and leaves.




And the rain flooded my yard.





But only it was only a few inches deep.

I had other plans for my Sunday, but I ended up picking up the yard instead.



Once again I find myself counting my blessings...

And have been protected from the severe forces of nature.


You guys have a great week.


later...

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

The wind literally knocked Don off his feet when he got out of the car yesterday ...

this morning, we have branches from our pecan tree all over our driveway and yard.

Not sure the little oak tree that was planted for us by Broken arrow gardening club survived. That is fine though. We said they could plant it any place BUT ... dead center in the front yard ... where did they plant it ... dead center in the front yard!!!!!!!!!! AN OAK TREE!!

August 20, 2007 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow im glad your ok.. that is totally crazy

August 20, 2007 11:50 AM  
Blogger Lea said...

I am glad that you are alright. You must have been in a well deserved deep sleep not to hear the wind and rain.

BTW, nice pedicure.

August 20, 2007 2:18 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Peggikaye...

I hope that Don is okay?!

I love oak trees! I have three in my yard.

Maybe you can place it in a more appropriate location?


Hey Wolfbaby...

Yes... It's crazy. The governor has now declared a state of emergency.


Hey Lea...

I am a deep sleeper, but I am also partially deaf. One of my co-workers said that the tornado sirens went off several times.

I didn't hear one.

BTW... *thanks* ;+ )


later...

August 20, 2007 4:16 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Oh my, TJ, you have some extreme weather there. I have been through quite a few hurricanes, tropical storms, and Noreasters and they can be quite scary, not to mention the loss of property and sadly loss of life. I am glad you slept through it and you and your family are safe.

August 21, 2007 3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to change the subject, but since you're in vet medicine, I thought I'd ask you what you think about this whole live spay demonstrations that are going to happen at the state fair this year?

http://katherineshelly.blogspot.com/2007/08/fix-is-in-plain-sight.html

August 21, 2007 3:57 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Pattie...

Yes... it seems that we have most "everything" here!


Hey Shelly...

Sorry I haven't been by your place lately.

I promise that I will answer your question.


later...

August 21, 2007 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home