< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Imperial Moth Caterpillar...


Imperial Moth Caterpillar...
Originally uploaded by itsmetj
I received a friendly e-mail telling me that "the bug needs to go".

So...

I have replaced it with an "autumnal" creature. The Imperial Moth caterpillar.


Here is a great picture of the moth on Wikipedia.

The moth, Eaclis imperialis, is not very widespread and according to some reports that I have read it may be in decline in a few areas.

We found two of these caterpillars here at my parents' home in Burnet County, Texas.

These caterpillars burrow into the ground or crawl under leaves. I have some dirt and leaves in a mayonnaise jar and I am keeping the caterpillars in there. Early this evening, the first caterpillar shed its skin revealing an auburn colored pupa. I will try to get pictures of the pupa soon, but I want to be careful to not injure it. So I will leave it alone for a few days to allow the shell sufficient time to harden.

It is my hope that we will see adult Imperial Moths this spring. Which is a creature that I have never seen before.

While I was trying to identify our caterpillars I ran across a very interesting and interactive website that I wanted to share with you guys.

It's called What's That Bug?. If you find a bug, or a caterpillar, and you don't know what it is you can search their website for its identity.

But the best thing about this website is that you can send them an e-mail with a photo of your "magnificent finding", and they will post it on their website along with its name.

It's a really cool website and some of the photos that people have taken of insects from all over the world are really, really good.


I suppose I should also include an update about what's going on with me and my family.

For those of you who don't already know, the kids and I have partially relocated to the Texas Hill Country.

The kids are attending public school. Something that they have never done before.

I have started a new job at a veterinary clinic down here as well.

My home in Oklahoma is up for sale and all of our stuff is still up there too. We are currently living with my parents.

So...

Having lived in Oklahoma for almost 30 years (my entire adult life) I now find myself back home in Texas.


Dad is doing some better. At least he can see to walk around the house and the ranch. He still can't read, see the TV, or drive.

The kids and I have been helping around here. The kids do most of the chores after school.

The kids seem to have adjusted really well to a completely different type of school environment. I have been blessed to have found employment that is only 23 miles away. I was afraid that I would have to go to work in Austin and commute 65 miles one way.

But as always...

God has been good to us and He has been faithful.

I'm waiting for that perfect family to come and buy my house so that Sue will have a great neighbor. At least neighbors that won't cause her as much aggravation as I have.

;+ )


I also want to thank all the people who are currently helping me through this transition... Taking care of the house while I am gone, those who have helped do some much needed repairs and painting on the house, yard work, cleaning, and so much more.

What would I do without all of those wonderful Oklahomans?


God Bless You All...


later...

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

oh TJ! I'm so sorry you'releaving Oklahoma before we had a chance to meet!!! Please know you will remain in my prayers none the less!

October 21, 2007 9:49 PM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

Welcome from your neighbor 60 miles to the North. I realize the changes are difficult. I am glad you don't have to deal with Austin traffic. I am also gkad your parents have a wonderful daughter like you
God Bless!
Ciao

October 23, 2007 6:38 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Peggikaye...

I know. It's terrible, but it could still happen?

Thanks for the prayers.


Hey Sicilian...

Thanks neighbor!


later...

October 23, 2007 7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow. We're going to miss you around here. :( Keep blogging (look who's talking).

Shelly

October 27, 2007 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home