< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Hometown News...


Spider
Originally uploaded by itsmetj



I haven't been spending much time on the computer lately. Part of the reason is because there are so many people sharing internet access on one computer.

It has been too long since my last post so I thought that I would give you guys a bit of an update. I wanted to share some photographs as well. When I sat down at "my" computer to gather some photographs together it wasn't long before I had a "visitor" appear.

Yes... the spider came upon my keyboard with me sitting there.

I thought to myself, "Self, it has been a long time since you've sat down at your computer."


So, of course, I had to document the indisputable proof that had so generously landed, nearly, in my lap.

Then I disposed of the eye witness so that there would be only one story to tell...

Told by one storyteller...

Me.

BTW... there wasn't any torture involved. It was quite painless I'm sure, as he didn't even see it coming because I wanted to avoid any messy cleanups on my keyboard.



Parade Fire Truck
Originally uploaded by itsmetj



I know that you folks may find it hard to believe but this post has been in the making for almost four days now. It has taken three of those days (you know I am at work during the day, so when I say "day" it really means evening, at home, after work) just to get my photographs uploaded.

I had to resort to posting my photos on Flickr and then posting them from there to Blogger.

I just can't seem to get my pictures to hardly upload to Blogger on this low-speed internet connection.

As you know, I am partially relocated to Texas. My kids are attending the same school that I did.

The same school that my Dad attended as well.

Noooo... not in the same building, just the school in the same town of Burnet.

The kids nowadays have a big fancy campus that is absolutely huge and is laid out much like a junior college.

The town still isn't much bigger than it was when I went to school there, but it seems that it has become a sought after public school and there are many parents who pay out of district fees for the privilege of transferring their children into it.

A couple of weeks ago was homecoming and there were a lot of special events to mark the occasion. The pictures are from the Homecoming parade which is always led by a firetruck.



Parade Marchers
Originally uploaded by itsmetj



It is a casual affair and the parade consists of students from the high school all the way down to the kindergartners.

You could say that it's a parade for the students.



Carrie
Originally uploaded by itsmetj


Carrie is in the high school choir. Of course, every organization in the school had to have its own flatbed trailer for them to ride upon. The choir wasn't any different. I was able to catch a quick picture of Carrie on her "float".

Doesn't she have a nice parade wave and smile?

All of the students are known as "Burnet Bulldogs", however the little tykes are known as "Bullpups".

These kids have everything these days. They even have air conditioning in the school buses and paved roads!

Have you ever ridden in the back of a school bus with the windows open on a dry dusty Texas road?


I'm sure you've figured out by now that the school colors are green and white.





I laughed out loud when the little wagon train came along near the end of the parade. It looked so fun.

I wish I had a little wagon train like that when I was a kid.

Heck...

I wish they had had kindergarten when I was a kid.

later...

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there T.J.,

It is good to see you back online. I will not tell my son about the spider incident because he loves spiders but between you and me, I would have done the same thing. Nice pictures on your Flickr. I like you have not had time to do my photos that much either although it is not because not enough computers. We have 4 people living here and 6 computers. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving next week. Again, it is good to hear from you.

Paul

November 15, 2007 6:50 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Paul...

It's really good to hear from you too! Sorry I haven't had time to stop by your place.

It would probably be best that you don't say a word to your son about the spider. ;+ )

I pray that you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving.

later...

November 16, 2007 4:27 PM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

How nice to be home. I realize the circumstances are not the optimum, but nice that you are making the best.
Happy Holidays to you and yours.
Ciao

November 22, 2007 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home