< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Just a Note...

I have had quite a week at work and it's still not over.

No week-end off for me as I will have to work both days.


I have noticed on my site stats that there has been an increasing number of college students looking for help with their commemorative speeches.

It's that time of year and the assignments will soon be due.

It's interesting to me to watch how the timing of class requirements correspond with all of the universities and colleges across the nation. Even in Hawaii!

I get quite an increase in visits to my commemorative speech assignment that I posted on my blog. It has already been two years since I attended that class.

It really doesn't seem that long ago to me.

I've used the internet a lot to help me along with my assignments. Last year I think a visiting student got in trouble because of my speech paper. It seems that my work has possibly been uploaded to turnitin, which is a plagiarism detection software that many universities use. The university I graduated from used it, and several of the professors let us "students" know how much they really liked the program.

**ahem**

Anyway...

This year a professor from the University of Iowa has linked to my speech via her online lecture notes. I don't know how long this link will be good. It's possible that she uses the same link for all of her classes and then updates it to change dates and pertinent information.

Regardless, I was flattered when I discovered that many of my Iowan student visitors were coming to my blog via the English professor's link.

I was then quite shocked when I read what she had written:

Want to see or listen to some other special occasion speeches?

Oprah Winfrey's Eulogy of Rosa Parks
George W. Bush's remarks at the Virginia Tech memorial
John F. Kennedy's Inaugural Address
Here is nice student speech posted on a blog--it is from a longer assignment.



Thank you for the kind comments Professor. I really appreciate them!


(I wonder what kind of grade she would have given me?)


So...

I just thought that I would share this little tidbit of information with you guys and let you all know that finally I have been included with a group of individuals that might be able to meet my standards of achievement.

**cough**

That's it for my "short" little note for tonight.

Somehow, everything I write seems to always turn into a "longer assignment".

later...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

Hello TJ ... miss ya! Hope you are well.

December 01, 2007 10:00 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I'm doing fine.

I just run short on time...

Especially internet time.

;+ )

I hope you and your family are well also!!

later...

December 01, 2007 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home