< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Nana is Out of Town...



Things have been busy around here.






Carrie's choir had their Christmas Concert.

And was I relieved when I learned that they actually DID call it a CHRISTMAS CONCERT.

They even performed REAL Christmas songs that had the word Christ in it.




It was really nice. The choir and band concert were both combined along with the sixth grade and middle school choirs.



Mom has flown the coop, so to speak, and is in Denver right now.

brrrrr...

My sister is due to have her second child by c-section tomorrow morning.

Yes... my sister started late in life to get married and have kids. (She's 44 years old.)


Dad and I took Mom to the airport in Austin. While we were gone Carrie and Parker were left at home to take care of the morning chores.

Yesterday, we had gone into town to pick up some feed for the livestock. It wasn't too much. Less than 1000 pounds that was still in the back of the pick-up.


While we were driving to Austin, Parker called and asked if Carrie could drive the truck to the barn so they could go ahead and unload the feed.

I thought, "What sweet kids thinking of something that needed to be done without being told."


Dad said that would be okay but not to back the truck up to the barn because they might get stuck in the mud there.


(We have had a little bit of rain here.)


Dad and I got home right about noon.


Carrie runs up to me and tells me that she has to tell me something.


From past experience, the use of this phraseology by my teenagers has never been the forbearer of good news.


So Carrie spills her guts...


While she was backing the truck out she caught the post by the cattle guard with the front bumper of the truck.


Oh my.


Dad was upset.


Mom called to let us know that she had made it to Denver okay.


I asked Dad if he had told Mom about the fence.

"No, I didn't", he says.


That means that Mom is going to be even more upset.



We're "Home Alone" for the next two weeks now.


I hope that the place is still in one piece when "The Boss" gets back in town.


later...

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger AngelaFerreira said...

My daughter now 4 also had her first Christmas concert play... I felt to proud! I know feel how is like to be a parent watching our children sparkle!
xx

December 17, 2007 2:31 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Angela...

It is a special feeling isn't it?

December 17, 2007 6:13 PM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

Loved your post. . . . I'll bet the boss will be just thrilled that she was missed. . . . and you know she will whip it all into shape.
Ciao

December 19, 2007 6:58 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

;+ )


Merry Christmas, Sicilian.

December 20, 2007 4:31 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

she is lovely! That third photo is especially pretty because she isnt posing!

I cant imagine having a baby now and I am not 44 yet! lol It will probably keep her young though later in life!

Have a great holiday season! Thanks for popping by today!

cheers!
K8

December 20, 2007 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey T.J.,

Thanks for visiting today!

Many warm and peaceful Christmas wishes headed your way.

Shelly

December 20, 2007 8:05 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

What a lovely daughter you have. And it sounds like she is a hard worker. Hope the fence is fixed soon and without too much trouble.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Merry Christmas to you too.

December 21, 2007 5:19 AM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

I miss the Christmas concerts....my girls are grown and I don't have the pleasure of the school plays and concerts....guess I will just have to wait until I get some gradnchildren...which I am hoping won't be for a very long time...I hope your sister had a safe and healthy delivery and that mom and baby are well....as far as the fence post goes....I know it stinks that is got broken...but it could have been a lot worse...one of your special children could have been injured ....and as for the Christmas songs....yes isn't it wonderful when you hear them use the word "Christ" in Christmas....that is what it is all about now isn't it....cheers ...and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours...

December 21, 2007 6:06 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Merry Christmas everyone and I pray that all of you have a blessed New Year.

later...

December 21, 2007 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is really good to see someone say Christmas instead of holiday. That is also pleasing to see the choir sang Christmas songs as well. I hope you have your power. This last two weeks have really been an eventful with all the ice storm damage.
Paul

December 22, 2007 10:18 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Paul...

Yes, I was blessed in that I didn't lose power at my home in OKC. I did lose the telephone line though. Hopefully the telephone company has fixed that. The recording said it would be fixed by the 22nd.

I heard on the radio today driving home from work that you guys are expecting 6 inches of snow now?

Gee Whiz...

Have a Blessed Christmas!


later...

December 22, 2007 1:53 PM  
Blogger Beaman said...

Merry Christmas TJ! Very pretty girl in the photos. Make sure she knows Englishman are the only true gentleman but to ignore out tea stained teeth. ;)

December 22, 2007 6:03 PM  
Blogger jakalof said...

Hi TJ:

Long time:)

I like the blow by blow commentary of events. I forget -- do you live in Texas?

I'm currently sitting in the Albuquerque airport on my way to Virginia to visit my mom and brother.

Hope you have a nice holiday "Home Alone!"

blalk to you later! Did you get that. "blalk" as in a cross between "blog" and talk:)

Jak

December 23, 2007 12:06 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Beaman...

Thanks.

BTW...

My sister is married to an Englishman!

And yes, he's very nice.


Hey Jak...

You're cute.

:+ )

It HAS been a long time.


I lived in Oklahoma for almost 30 years and have recently, and partially (my stuff is still in Oklahoma), moved to Texas.


Merry Christmas Guys!!!

December 23, 2007 5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a Merry Christmas! We are having a good one here with our family.

December 25, 2007 12:47 PM  
Blogger civilian-at-arms said...

Teej!

Oh by jolly, hope you had a holly jolly! ;)

D

December 26, 2007 3:10 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Sounds like you have about two weeks to make things "right" before The Boss returns to town *LOL*

I've missed you and am thinking of you....

Merry Christmas, TJ. I wish you and your family all the best in 2008.

Take Good Care ;-)

December 28, 2007 2:00 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Pattie...

I've missed you too!

Happy New Year!

December 28, 2007 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home