< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2007's Top Ten Lists...

The Year of Our Lord, 2007, has come to a close.

Our home in Oklahoma is for sale, and the kids and I are staying with Mom and Dad.

There's a lot of stuff that needs to be done and it seems that I run out of time to do it.

My brother, Don, was able to come up and we all dewormed the cattle yesterday afternoon.

So that is taken care of.

We will need to get the goats all up and take care of them as well. We also need to vaccinate the kids and castrate the billies.

But I don't know when we will do that.


I missed my usual timing for my EOY (end-of-year) post. I always try to get it done on New Year's Eve, but it didn't happen last night.


Mom and Dad are taking a nap right now, so I thought that I would at least pull a few things together, today, on January 1st.



Top Ten Lists


I haven't added too many new photographs to my Flickr page, but I still really do enjoy watching the stats on the pictures.

As of this posting, my photographs have had a cumulative total of 4,611 views.


Top Ten Photos

#10

348 views





#9

362 views





#8

369 views


Norma Wants to be a Beauty Queen
Originally uploaded by itsmetj




#7

383 views





#6

395 views





#5

456 views





#4

567 views





#3

661 views





#2

1592 views





#1

1929 views





Timmy the Chihuahua is really excited that he came out as "Numero Uno" this year, beating Norma out by what appears to be a comfortable margin. Of course, he is a lot more excited that he has almost 2000 views as compared to the 144 views that he recieved from last year!

Congratulations Timmy!



I know that I had promised you guys that I would keep a better tally sheet of my top ten posts but...

As ~life~ would have it, I have not been diligent enough to keep up with the sheet.

And...

I'm still too cheap to upgrade my free Sitemeter account to help me keep up with the page rankings.

So I suppose that, in lieu of actual hard core numbers, we will have to go by what I have observed to be the most popular posts that are visited by my search engine visitors. As always, it is my hope that someone was helped in some way or another by the information and/or links that I have provided in these informal articles and blog posts.



2007's Top Ten Posts


#10

FDA Announces: Melamine in Tainted Pet Foods...

In 2007, I followed the unfolding events of the tainted pet foods and had written several posts concerning the tragedy. While this crisis has certainly passed I do still receive a few visitors on these posts. It is quite possible that this series of posts are number one according to visits because there was one day in which I had over 1000 visits. However, the number of consistent visitors on a weekly basis has fallen sharply, so that is why I have placed this post at Number 10.


#9

Swiffer Wet Jet Rumor is an Urban Legend...


#8

Cytauxzoonosis aka Bobcat Fever...



#7

Today's Mailbag...

The National Scholar's Honor Society must have a HUGE direct mail program. I certainly would not be surprised if this post becomes number one for 2008.


#6

Subcutaneous Emphysema in a Canine Patient...


#5

Metropolitan Who's Who aka Metropolitan Registries, Inc.

I still keep loose tabs on these folks. Can you believe that they were able to get themselves off the the Better Business Bureau's list? This observation of mine is a post in and of itself, because I truly do believe that the BBB was paid off (or something) in order to get MWW's information off of the internet.

And this has got me to wondering...

How honest is the Better Business Bureau really?


#4

Commemorative Speech...


#3

A Bite of Reality...


#2

Bladder Stones in the Canine Patient...


#1

Chronic Renal Failure in Dogs and Cats


I haven't been able to do any extensive research and write any new articles lately. Perhaps 2008 will provide me some of that time.



I really don't have the time today to place my top designs from my little online store at CafePress.

Especially since I have already had to save this one post several times today as it is.

But I will tell you that I am very happy with my little store and that I have actually received a few checks in the mail from them this past year!

**woo hoo**


2007 has been quite a year in more ways than one for me and my family. And I will have to say that I am hoping that 2008 will be very quiet and calm for all of us.


I need to find some time to update my links to fellow bloggers on my sidebar. There have been several who have found that 2007 was the year to quit blogging. I truly do understand why a person would do that. Especially if you are a person who doesn't want to throw just anything out there.

Blogging really can take a lot of time and effort.

And to those who have quit blogging, I would like to say that it was really nice to meet you and I wish you the very best.


Happy New Year everyone and I pray that you and your families are richly blessed.


later...

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Hello my friend...thanks for stopping by my blog....hope you had a safe and happy new year....all the best for 2008....cheers

January 01, 2008 10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norma and Timmy's Christmas pictures came out really great! I think they are both so cute!

Hope you have a blessed New Year!

January 02, 2008 10:11 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey guys!

Thanks!

I hope you have a wonderful 2008 too!

later...

January 02, 2008 6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful new year. Sorry I have been so absent of late.

take care!!

January 05, 2008 11:28 PM  
Blogger jakalof said...

Hi TJ,

I checked out your flicker photos. Your like me, you don't put much up of yourself:) I'm not even sure if there is a single one of you.

Some of the surgical pictures are ---ooooeee

Timmy and Norma are funny!

Cool.

blog to you later.
Jak

January 10, 2008 7:27 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Jak...

Nope.

You won't find any pictures of me!

Surgery pictures...

I think you kind of have to be 'twisted thataway' to appreciate them very much.

=8+D

later...

January 10, 2008 8:30 PM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

Just checking in to see if you are ok....

January 17, 2008 8:05 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Thanks for checking in!

I really appreciate it!

I'm okay.

Dad is having a hard time. I'm busy at work, here on the farm, and family struggles, so my free time has been very limited.

Your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

later...

January 17, 2008 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home