< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Hey...

Hi all...

I hope that everyone is doing well.

I haven't had internet access for quite some time (four weeks!) and am finally able to sit down and browse for bit.

Our house in Oklahoma was sold and closed on Monday, February 18th. I drove up the Friday before and, with the help of a lot of friends and neighbors, we were able to pack our entire house into a 26' U-Haul truck in just two days.

*whew*

I couldn't have done it without all of you guys. God Bless Each and Everyone of You!!

The weather going into Oklahoma was a little dicey and we ran into some freezing rain. There for a while I wasn't for sure whether or not we were going to make it into Oklahoma City or not. But thankfully we got a break in the precipitation and were able to make it in okay. It rained almost all day on Saturday, but it was better than having the snow that the weatherman was predicting at first. Regardless of the weather, we were able to vacate our beautiful home so that the new occupants could move in.

The kids and I drove back to Texas pulling our car on a trailer behind the truck. This is when I discovered that all of the gas pumps have a $100 limit on them. Boy... did that truck suck down the gas! I estimated that I got about 6 miles to the gallon. Of course, it was probably because the truck was STUFFED full ~and~ was pulling my car as well.

We closed on our new home here, in Texas, on February 20th. Thanks goes to my realtor and the mortgage company for helping to pull that off. I really, really, didn't want to unload our stuff, put it into storage, and then load that truck again. So we were able to unload our stuff directly into the garage of our new home.

*double whew*

Things get done quite a bit slower around here to say the least. Thank goodness that I have a cell phone. While we have been here one month as of yesterday, it seems that I have been meeting installation people every week since we have moved in.

We had to wait almost three weeks to watch television. We weren't able to pick up any local stations so now we have satellite TV. The kids had quickly found our box of videos and so we watched "re-runs" every night. I have to admit, it was kind of fun, for a while that is.

Yesterday, the installer came and put in a new satellite dish for our internet service. There isn't cable out here and our only other alternative was dial-up, and well you know me... that was like sooo not happening.

;+ )

So now our house looks all "techy" on the outside with two separate satellite dishes. *sigh* I just hope that aliens don't start trying to contact me through them, because if they do they'll have to start contributing and pay on the monthly service bills.

I certainly have my work cut out for me here. Our yard has essentially been neglected for several years. It's full of weeds, grassburrs, thistles, and much more. At some point, someone didn't want to do any yard work and so they filled every spot possible with rocks so they wouldn't have to mow. Come to think of it, our house in Oklahoma was just like that too when we moved in. It also had rocks in the flowerbeds! (I wonder if there's any significance in this coincidence?)

Well... it's going to take a lot of work, but most of these rocks have got to go. It's springtime and I have to have flowerbeds to work in. I bet my daffodils and tulips in Oklahoma are beautiful this year.

I haven't taken one picture of our new house, yard, or anything. I really need to so that I can have before and after pictures. I've just been too busy to stop and take them. Hopefully, the dust will start to settle around here and I will be able to get some up for you guys to see.

later...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

Glad things got settled.

Aliens ... *grin*

I think an alien took over my eldests body. I do hope it's only senioritis ...but it is rater alienesque behavior!
Maybe it's the satellite dish we got last fall ...hmmmm

March 26, 2008 8:39 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey girl!

It's good to hear from you.

Yes, senioritis is caused by aliens. I have seen it happen several times now. The bad thing is that I don't think the aliens "vacate" until the "host" is about 30 years old.

=8+/

later...

March 26, 2008 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home