< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Scientific Proof that the Media is Liberally Biased...

I have commented about mainstream media sources a lot.

There are those who thought that I was a misguided soul.

Others who felt that I was just a little off.

Well folks, there is a scientific study that proves that what I have been saying is true.

Proof that I am not hallucinating; nor am I off-balanced.

Before now all you had was faith in me and in what I had to say.

(Thank you readers!)

The article, Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist, reveals some key findings from a three year scholarly study that was executed by two UCLA researchers.

While the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal is conservative, the newspaper's news pages are liberal, even more liberal than The New York Times. The Drudge Report may have a right-wing reputation, but it leans left. Coverage by public television and radio is conservative compared to the rest of the mainstream media. Meanwhile, almost all major media outlets tilt to the left.

"I suspected that many media outlets would tilt to the left because surveys have shown that reporters tend to vote more Democrat than Republican," said Tim Groseclose, a UCLA political scientist and the study's lead author. "But I was surprised at just how pronounced the distinctions are."

I encourage you to read the entire article. It may help you to be more discriminating in your daily intake of news.

later...

Just a few of my prior posts/rants concerning the media:

Saturday, October 01, 2005
The News... Untrustworthy?


Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Happy to Leave Louisiana...


Monday, September 05, 2005
Just Stop It...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home