< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Hooray!

Well it seems that the television show, "The Book of Daniel", has been cancelled.

At least if the Episcopalian's are accurate in their reporting.

Apparently the television show was looking at a dismal future, so the creator of the show posted an appeal on a blog. He was asking fans to help him out, claiming that the American Family Association was a bully.

If you recall, in one of my previous posts, there were other people who didn't like the show either. People who weren't associated with the AFA.

'Book of Daniel': A Mean-Spirited, Unholy Mess

In a recent interview, in reference to his request for public support of the show and his blog post, Jack Kenny is quoted as saying:

"Ordinarily, I would never ask anyone to do this, but the AFA and bullies like them are hard at work to try and prevent you from seeing these beautiful shows, and that is censorship - pure and simple," Kenny wrote. "And that is both un-Christian and un-American."

Jack Kenny, the creative force behind the prime-time drama about an Episcopal priest and his dysfunctional family, posted his appeal on a blog, www.blogofdaniel.com, whose host is the Episcopal Diocese of Washington.


If you type in the URL, it redirects you to another site. I'm not sure if it is the exact same location or blog as quoted in the January 20th article.

But... the Episcopalian folks seem to be quite accomodating and so they have announced the demise of the show on the blog.

It is my understanding that 11 NBC affiliates in Tennessee, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas and Indiana have refused to air the show.

What I want to know is why isn't Oklahoma on that list?!

*Where are those politic bots!*

Did the show air here? I haven't watched any television, and I most certainly wouldn't have turned on NBC if I had.

I don't read the TV Guide either.

Also... I guess that Burlington Coat Factory continued to advertise while others cancelled and moved to other advertising venues.

Who else advertised during this show?

*hint*

I guess I need to start keeping a closer eye on the things of Hollywood and Television Land, whether I would like to or not.

Parker and his friends, Matthew and Nicholas, spent this past week-end "filming a movie".

According to my sources, the conclusion is due to be taped and "wrapped" up the week-end after next.

hmmm...

As long as I'm his Momma...

My boy better not be airing any trash on television.

later...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Censorship?

Really?

If he means government censorship, show me the governmental entity that shut the show down.

If he means public censorship, he's right on target, but I don't get the point. If the public doesn't like it and it is losing money, the American way is at work and doing a fine job.

Mr. Kenny seems to have a whine problem.

January 24, 2006 3:17 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Jan, thanks for commenting.

I thought the terminology was interesting also but in keeping with what I have been 'seeing'.

There are groups of people who are painting a negative view of Christianity with their choices of words.

The term censorship is just one of them.

later...

January 24, 2006 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home