< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Close to Home...


The crazy Islamists are at it again today about the Mohammed cartoons. Of course, we all know that all of this isn’t about the cartoons.

They’re just using the cartoons as an excuse because Muslims need a good reason to do what they do best…

Nigeria had the most violence today with 27 people dying. I know that there weren’t any tears shed for those dead souls, because everyone is proud that they were martyred.

So don’t go feeling sorry for them yourselves.

It’s their “culture”.

It’s just the way they are and we should respect them for it.

I received a phone call today that was quite alarming. A friend called me and said, “T.J., I just wanted to call and tell you ‘thank you’ for sending me the e-mail about the sex offender. The man lives next door to a friend of mine and her daughter has been babysitting his kids.”

“I just wanted to let you know that you probably saved a lot of kids,” she added.

The man is a registered sex offender who has been convicted of indecent exposure. Children have been reporting indecent acts about this person to adults. Additionally, if the kids don’t want to “watch” freely, the man then offers to pay them.

The parents and adults just thought that the kids were making these stories up, because he and his parents are well-known, long-term members of the community.

I am refraining from giving any further details at this time out of respect for the families. They have some decisions to make and their children’s identities to protect. Additionally, I haven’t had a chance to speak with them first-hand, so I don’t want to give any information out that isn’t factual.

What I do know is that the perpetrator lives within yards of a public school. My friend also told me that he was a band sponsor of that school and had just recently gone on a trip with the band students. He also has five children of his own.

My questions:

Don’t schools do background checks on their volunteer adult sponsors?

I haven’t measured the distance from the sex offender’s house to the corner of the school property (yet), but I would venture to say that it is closer than the 2000 ft. distance that he is supposed to keep.

So why hasn’t someone made this man move?

This article reports on a sex offender who is challenging the proximity law as being “unconstitutional”.

You’ve got to be kidding me.

Finally, why didn’t an officer or some other official notify the neighbors that this sex offender was moving in? He has been there for about three months now.

I had just received the information via e-mail on his whereabouts the week before last.

Did you know:

There are 1,055 sex offenders in the state of Oklahoma that are not accounted for?

Evidently, it is very common for registered sex offenders to not tell officials where they are.

Habitual and aggravated sex offenders are required to verify their home address every ninety days, and all other sex offenders have to do so at least once a year. It is common for offenders to move and fail to notify the Department of Corrections or their local law enforcement agency of their new address. Reliance on any information provided herein is at the user's sole risk. The Oklahoma Department of Corrections shall not be responsible for any use or reliance on information provided, or the lack of any information present that might result in injury or damage of any kind.

I know that I e-mailed all of my friends who I thought would be affected by the location of this offender, but if any of you would like his address, just e-mail me and I will resend the pertinent info to you in private.

later…


dogscatskidslife: Head's Up... It's a Free Service!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home