< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Technical Difficulties...

Blogger seems to be ill tonight.

Again.

My pictures don't want to load and the program itself keeps freezing up.

And my poor computer seems to be running a fever also.

sigh

You know that Microsoft has pretty much stopped its support for Windows 98. They'll have washed their hands of the OE by this summer.

I know, I know. You can't believe that someone is still operating off of Windows 98.

Well, you can tell your friends and family that you know someone who still is.

It seems that most everything these days just doesn't want to cooperate with Win98.

And yes it's a pain in the...


But I guess that I need to keep things in perspective.

My belly is full of homemade spaghetti.

I have heat in my house for tonight's below freezing temps.

I have unlimited internet access.

And I do have a computer, even if it is only a facsimile thereof.


I'm sure that Mr. Abdul Rahman doesn't have near the comforts that I do, and yet, he is still clinging to his Christian faith.

I hope that he got to eat dinner and that he is warm.

There is no telling how he is being treated since he is considered an infidel and is considered to be worse than a dog.

We all know how the Islamists reacted concerning those Dutch cartoons. They considered it a personal attack worthy of murderous acts and rampant destruction.

"We are not against any particular religion in the world. But in Afghanistan, this sort of thing is against the law," the judge said. "It is an attack on Islam."

He still has two months before there will be a hearing on his case.

I wonder if they'll let him live that long. Or if he will survive their prison.

"He would have been forgiven if he changed back. But he said he was a Christian and would always remain one," Wasi told AP. "We are Muslims and becoming a Christian is against our laws. He must get the death penalty."

There doesn't seem to be much hope for the man. He will be used as an example, whether he is executed or not. It seems that his arrest could cause trouble on both sides of the fence.

Hakim, the human rights advocate, said the case would attract widespread attention in Afghanistan and could be exploited by Muslim conservatives to rally opposition to reformists who are trying to moderate how the religion is practiced here.

"The reformists are trying to bring about positive changes," he said. "This case could be fertile ground for extremists to manipulate things."


...Hakim said that if Rahman was acquitted, it would be a propaganda win for the Taliban rebels, who have stepped up their insurgency in the past year.

Mr. Rahman needs our prayers.

He needs our technology.

We can make telephone calls and send e-mails that are supportive of him and his faith.

The really tormenting part of the whole thing is that I really don't know what would be best in this situation.

I certainly know what would be right.


I wish that I could speak with Mr. Rahman.

I would like to ask him how he feels about all of this.


Is he scared?

Are there Angels there comforting him and giving him strength?


It's evident that he is prepared to die.


Does he feel peace?


If I could speak to him then I think that I would be able to reconcile this problem that I have in my mind.

The "technical difficulties" of the entire situation...

The fact that he may have to die in order to help pull the nation out of the dark ages.


Once again, we are left with a trust issue.

We will have to pray for Mr. Rahman and trust that the outcome is in the Lord's Hands.

We will have to trust that God is certainly in this situation and is in control.

If any of you feel compelled to do so, please write a letter, or send an e-mail to the Afghanistan Embassy.

You could even call if you wanted to...

Embassy of Afghanistan
2341 Wyoming Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Tel: 202.483.6410
Fax: 202.483.6488

Email: Info@embassyofafghanistan.org



One more thing. There's another marginalized Christian group that is in Iraq.

ChristianIraq.com is run by an open ended group of ChaldoAssyrian Christians, American independent journalists, Iraqi freelance journalists and supporters of a new Iraq.

They could use our prayers and support too. Because what is currently happening in Afghanistan could very easily happen in Iraq.

later...

2 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

Someday, I may tell you the volumes that this spoke to me.

Thank you.

Pk

March 22, 2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I hope that it was good.

Have a good evening Pk.

later...

March 22, 2006 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home