< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Friday, May 19, 2006

This Will Be Good...

I went to class this evening.

And I have class all day tomorrow, so I had best get to bed.

But first, I wanted to tell you about this:

Channel 9 News announced this evening that they will be airing a story on Monday during the 10 o'clock news broadcast about sex offenders that live close to schools.

I have written several times about this.

The local television station most definitely has a larger audience than I do.

Maybe the News 9 story will help make people more aware and hopefully help to change a few things.

later...


Close to Home

Sex Offenders: Your Neighbors and School Volunteers

I also posted this article on Newsok.com.

You can do a search here on my blog to find helpful links and other information. I also have links on my sidebar.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

Last time I did a search from your link ... I found a neighbor a few trailers away!!! *GULP*

Was not happy to find out that the park management knew! my computer ink is out of ink. When we get some. I plan on posting it up at the mail box. Manager said she'd be happy for me to, however, her bosses (in a different state) forbid her to (she looked rather unhappy at that). So, I know I can with her support. If I do it, they can't blame her!

When we move, we will live directly across from a school. Hopefully, that will keep us safer. Our mobile home is within the boundries of a school, but next street up is not ... so same mobile home park, but the legal limit is past in the park. growl.

May 19, 2006 9:39 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

That's good news TJ. The more people are made aware, the better.

May 20, 2006 8:32 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Spread the news Peggikaye.

Maybe your local television station will pick the story up too.

Have you written a letter yet Sue concerning getting some sort of public offender registration in Britain? *hint*

later...

May 20, 2006 10:28 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

No, not yet, will do ....

May 21, 2006 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home