< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Friday, June 09, 2006

It's Time To Be Honest...


I have to tell you guys that I'm different.

Cut from a different mold.

Sometimes people just don't know how to take me and others...

Well, they don't "take me" at all and just walk off.

That's ok.

I understand.

Really.


As I have shared before, I just don't have that social knack that others do.

You know the person.

The one everyone likes, and likes to hang around with.

And I have to break it to you guys.

I'm not that kind of person.


So I got to thinking...

I got to thinking about how people describe other people.

How folks perceive themselves.


An analogy if you will.


A word or two that would describe a person.

A simple word that would give you an idea of who they are and what they're like.


For example:

Some people are described as a "social butterfly"...

Or a "Golden Retriever"...


Well, I got to thinking some more...

"What word would describe me best."


And really folks...

What popped into my head wasn't the word "angel".


In fact, it's kind of embarassing.


But I think that all of this a good exercise; and I challenge all of you to think about it too.



Oh?

You want to know what the word was?


hmmm... Okay, I'll tell you.


The word was...



fart



Yep...


Sometimes I'm funny and, well...

Sometimes I'm not.

It just depends on where I'm at...

And who I'm with.



And it won't be too long before I become an ol' fart too.


later...

8 Comments:

Blogger Dreaming again said...

oh I am headed to bed tonight ... and I will be going laughing with my family once again wondering if I'm insane!

Thanks again for the laughter!!!

Pk

June 09, 2006 10:37 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh TJ, you are so funny! I love your sense of humour, it really does make me laugh out loud! *laughing*

June 10, 2006 12:29 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

You know TJ, I am sure that you may see yourself different than how others see you. I think we all do. OK, so you see yourself as a fart...hee hee...it is funny...I hope you mean fart in the funny childlike sense, not in the stinky sense! Anyway, I enjoy you, truly, even though you're no angel...

June 10, 2006 5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I picked a word for me...

sinner

hopefully, when i go and face judgement it will be


forgiven


but... "none of us is perfect, no, not one."

I have hope, and if *I* have hope then you surely should.

June 10, 2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger shade said...

Thats funny

June 10, 2006 3:54 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

"Sweet Dreams" Peggikaye!

Please explain yourself to the rest of the folks in the house Sue. They might think you're weird, or something.

Pattie, I have never classified farts into categories like that. hmmm... Have you ever heard of SBD's?

You don't have to "tell all" Linda!

Hey Shelly! Hope you are having a wonderful summer break!

We can all be classified as sinners. But Christians have been redeemed while still here on this earth. Our sins are remembered no more, and they are "as far as the east is from the west".

Now that we are set right with God by means of this sacrificial death, the consummate blood sacrifice, there is no longer a question of being at odds with God in any way. If, when we were at our worst, we were put on friendly terms with God by the sacrificial death of his Son, now that we're at our best, just think of how our lives will expand and deepen by means of his resurrection life! Now that we have actually received this amazing friendship with God, we are no longer content to simply say it in plodding prose. We sing and shout our praises to God through Jesus, the Messiah! Romans 5:7-9 The Message Bible

Hey Wolfbaby. Glad you stopped by!

later...

June 10, 2006 6:36 PM  
Blogger Helene said...

omg Great descriptive word!!! I wish I had thought of it! hehehe

idk about one for me. I think it would depend on the day! today I may have to say:

ALIVE

June 11, 2006 4:10 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I think it would depend on the day!

I agree with that Kate...

And alive would probably suffer from abusive over use of the word!

later...

June 11, 2006 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home