< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Searching for Help...

We're needing some rain here again...

The drought continues.


Last night they forecasted that we had a chance of rain tomorrow and Monday.

So I decided that I would wash our newer vehicle.

I was certain that if I scrubbed it real good and wiped it down with a soft cloth that it would be good insurance for some much needed rain.

This evening the 10 o'clock weatherman forecasted that we had 100% chance of rain and that we may have two whole days of it.

He even went so far to say that it would be a "drought breaker", and that we could get as much as 4" here in the Oklahoma City area.

*wow*

I should use that soft ~prayer~ cloth more often.

A nice Sunday rain should also insure that I'll be a 'good girl' and stay home and study.


You guys know how enamored I am with my site counter.

Especially the search engine visitors.


I use the internet every day, and I use search engines tirelessly.


Today I had a visitor that came by through these search terms:

"I'm 85 years old and can't pay my credit card, what can I do?"


Needless to say, my heart went out to this person who was searching for assistance on the internet.


I can only imagine the anxiety that they must feel.


I was saddened however by the thought that they had come to my blog hoping to get an answer...

And then finding that their stop here was of no help to them at all.


I am not a financial advisor, but I certainly understand the pain of what this visitor is experiencing.

One piece of advice that I could give is to not hand any money over to those so-called "credit counseling" services. Much of what they do, you can do yourself.

You can call the credit card companies yourself and negotiate a settlement agreement.

Just make sure that you get them to put it down in writing and send you a copy of it.


The best place that I could possibly send anyone is to Dave Ramsey's website. This man teaches people how to get out of debt. But more importantly, he teaches you Godly principles which helps to keep you out of debt for the rest of your life. He also teaches you how to build financial security in your life.

Something that I am working hard on myself.


I listen to Dave Ramsey's program on the radio whenever I get a chance. It's really good. Sometimes I listen to archived shows on his website.

The amazing thing about it all is that all of this advice is free.

Dave Ramsey also has classes that are available all across the country. And they are very affordable. So are his books.

And of course, there is a subscriber service available as well.


I pray that my 85 year old visitor finds the help that they desperately need.

In fact, I pray that God gives them a miracle.


later...

6 Comments:

Blogger The Domesticator said...

I will have to check him out myself. I just met with a financial advisor. I thought we were doing ok, until he plugged in the numbers of what would happen if my husband died tomorrow. I thought we had a pretty good life insurance policy. Obviously not, so we are fixing that. Debt is a whole other matter. It is so easy to use a credit card with reckless abandon. I have done it before, and paid dearly (no pun intended)

On the matter of the drought situation, I hope you are getting a much needed soaking! I'll have to remember the car washing technique! *LOL*

October 15, 2006 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get that rain!!! debt sucks been there done that got the dunking head first. One of the reasons I am going to school!! Hoping to get a better paying job ya know. Take care.

October 15, 2006 11:23 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Pattie...

Credit cards are soooo easy. Too easy in fact.

I think that you'll like Dave Ramsey's program. I really want to get his books, etc., but I haven't done it yet. I just listen to his radio show.


Hey Wolfbaby...

It has rained all day. Not very hard and not a whole lot, but it's been really nice.

There's a chance of thunderstorms tonight and more rain into tomorrow.

It's wonderful!

later...

October 15, 2006 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree about Dave Ramsey. I've been a listener of his for 8 years and have really learned a lot. I went through his FPU class years ago as well.

I'm still not out of debt completely but that is mostly because my husband abandoning me left me in pretty bad financial shape. At least I can see a light at the end of the tunnel though.

If you wanna borrow "Financial Peace" or "More than Enough," you're welcome to do so. I have both of those as well as the FPU notebook (which pretty much just has what's in FP book. I haven't gotten Total Money Makeover yet, but it's pretty low on my priority list of things to spend my money on right now.

Good luck in getting out of debt. I can't wait till I've got mine paid off and I can call in and scream "I'M DEBT FREE!" ;)

October 16, 2006 5:23 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Shelly...

I would LOVE to borrow your books!

I'll have to wait until I finish my classes though, as I can't add another thing to my schedule right now.

I ran into the same difficulties as you concerning finances with the 'gone husband'.

You wouldn't believe all the bills he left me with.

Including over a $250 phone bill too.

Tell me when you're going to get on the air and do the "Debt Free" thing. I would like to hear you and cheer you on!

later...

October 16, 2006 11:16 AM  
Blogger DEBTective said...

Just wanted to drop a line and say a big-time thanks for spreading the word about Dave Ramsey and debt freedom. Dave's plan makes tons of sense, doesn't it? Here's looking at you, kid ... and thanks for working for The Man Upstairs. www.debtective.com

November 15, 2006 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home