< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Empire State Building...



There are a lot of things to see in New York City after dark.

But the things that I wanted to see were only open during business hours.


And as you know...

We had "closed" the The American Museum of Natural History at 5 p.m.



Before we had left Pattie had given us a hot tip.

She had told us that the Empire State Building stayed open late.



What better time to stand on top of the world...



And view a legendary city than at night?



A storm was moving in and it was beginning to rain.



The clouds provided a dark blanket...

Which dampened the glare of the city lights.



Allowing for the alien visitor a magnificent view of millions of lights...



As well as the ability to appreciate each brilliant orb for its individual beauty.


later...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. It looks fantastic. You have managed to pack so much in on such a short trip!

November 05, 2006 4:07 AM  
Blogger Sicilian said...

TJ. . . what a wonderful memory. . . I am so glad you did that and that your kids got to come and see the Big Apple too!
Ciao

November 05, 2006 7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous nightscape! Makes me want to go back to New York for a visit. c",)

November 05, 2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger The Domesticator said...

I am so glad you got to go to the top of the Empire State Building. You took some beautiful pictures, too! I have only been up there during the day. I must admit, nighttime looks even better.

November 05, 2006 1:15 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Sue...

~Thanks~ goes to the NYC mass transit system. *laugh*


Hey Sicilian...

It was a chance in a lifetime for me!


Hey Irene...

You should! BTW... I have been meaning to add you to my blogroll, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Please accept my apologies.


Hey Pattie...

Maybe you could go on your next trip there. Although, I will have to remind you that security is stiff and it slows down the lines a bit.


later...

November 05, 2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

For some reason, I cannot see any of your pictures :(

November 05, 2006 6:20 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

That Blogger!

hmmmppfff!

November 05, 2006 6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh wow those pics are amazing T.J.

November 10, 2006 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home