< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Forwarded E-mail...

It's good to see you guys again.

Yes. I have been busy with several assignments and I have just received another assignment for a "project paper".

So... Blogging will be spotty here on Blogspot for a while.


I received a forwarded e-mail today that made me feel like I live a sheltered life. I felt that I needed to share it with everyone just in case you were as "ignorant" as I was about the subject. Knowledge is good, and it helps all of us in many different ways.

And you guys know me...

I'm all for debunking bad e-mails and urban legends, but this one is for real.

The e-mail was about "lock bumping".

Maybe some of you know about this, but I didn't. Evidently it is a lock picking technique that has been around for quite some time, but has been getting increased exposure due to the internet.

This YouTube video explains it best:




This piece of information sure lends credence to the old saying ignorance is bliss.

The really bad thing about it is that learning how to become a lock picker with this technique isn't really hard to do at all.

It's listed under the "L's" before the "M's" for manufacturing bombs in the
A to Z Encyclopedia for Terrorizing Society.

I truly have mixed emotions concerning my love/hate relationship with the internet.

I'm thankful that I have dogs in my house that aren't hearing impaired.

That tapping noise will make them go beserk.


I hope you guys have a great Friday!


later...


A commentor provided a website where you can buy these keys ready made on the internet.

Doesn't this go under the category, "There Oughta to Be a Law"?


There are videos all over the place on how to do this. Here are a couple:




This one has subtitles:

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not secure with your locks until you you've got a bump proof lock. Sites like http://www.bumpkey.us have been selling these keys to just about anyone..... eek

February 03, 2007 6:46 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

That's just great.

An internet mall for criminals.

later...

February 04, 2007 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home