< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Today's Mailbag...

It's very, very late.

I worked on assignments all day today.

Save for taking time out to get a much needed haircut and...

To eat a late dinner at Bricktown with folks from work.

We were celebrating one person's recent marriage...

And another person who has worked with us for many years who is moving on to something new and exciting...

In California.


*sigh*


Yes. I had one very, very large Margerita as well.

It was ~strong~ too!

Yet tasty...

mmmm...



Anyway, I thought that I would stop and take a minute before I...

fall into bed.


You know, take the time to query you guys about something I received in the mail today.


I received a letter from the Dean today.

hmmm...

I thought (as I opened the envelope)...

Could they be wanting ~money~?


The letter states in part:

Congratulations! It is my pleasure to inform you that you will be receiving an award from the ______ College of Arts and Sciences.

You will be honored at the annual ______ College of Arts and Sciences Honors and Awards Convocation, ________ , at 7:00 p.m. in the __________. Following the awards, there will be a reception in ______ .


(yada yada yada)


Sincerely,
________, Ph.D.
Dean, ____ College of Arts and Sciences



The letter doesn't tell me what the award is.

It's like some kind of mystery or something.


Could they be withholding information to ensure my attendance?

Just hoping that I will show up to find out what I have been awarded?



Could the award be for the "Best Woman Parker"? I strive to park straight and between the lines.

Always.


Could the award be for the "Highest Library Fines of the Year"?

Yes... I still have library books from my last research project that I haven't returned.


Could I be recognized as "The Biggest Risk Taker on Research Projects of the Year"?

You know, you all helped me out quite a bit on that paper by participating in my polls here on my little blog.


I have been inducted into an honor society.

And I've been recognized nationally along with other students.


Both times I was taken quite by surprise.


So, needless to say, I haven't a CLUE what this could be all about.


If anyone knows, please tell me.

Maybe Jan does. Since she went to the same school and is a member of Alpha Sigma Lambda as well.


Okay... That's it for now.

It's almost 1am Sunday morning.

I've GOT to get to bed.


You guys have a blessed day.


later...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's nice to know im not alone with those all day study days with homework... i hope your classes are going well. Good luck with that letter thing. don't forget to let us know when you find out!!

April 22, 2007 9:49 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Wolfbaby...

I know what you mean. I spend entire week-ends on my assignments and research papers.

And you know me...

I'll let you know about that "letter"!

later...

April 23, 2007 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home