< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Hate E-mail and Threatened Bloggers...

I have spent the evening visiting my blogging friends.

I've been too busy to check in with everyone and I have found that I have fallen terribly behind on the "go-in's on" around the world.

To my dismay I found out that Doctor Anonymous has received hate e-mail and various other comments from unsavory internet characters.

Why?

It seems to me that it is a rare condition that may actually be found to be contagious.

It's called HillaryClintonitis. It's a serious condition in which individuals realize that someone might have something that they don't have, and so they want to take what the other person has and "re-distribute it".

It's a lot like other social diseases which we won't discuss here.

In Dr. Anonymous' case, he was mentioned in an entry on the Fox News website rendering him pseudo-famous within the blogging community. (No offense Dr. A, but you're not quite famous yet.) Of course, this notoriety brought him a lot of hits to his blog and everyone knows that is what really drives bloggers the most.

Monitoring the hits on their SiteMeters.

Dr. Anonymous didn't do anything to deserve this horrible treatment. But, like alcoholism, those unhappy individuals just couldn't help themselves. They suffer from a condition...

A disease.


Another blogging acquaintance of mine was also hit via e-mail. This tme it was because of a post that he had made in January.

SouthCon had received a letter from Metropolitan Who's Who.

The folks there were wanting him to sign up. The letter was a solicitation.

Maybe you've gotten one too.

In true blogger fashion, SouthCon had written about the invitation that he had received in his mailbox.

Evidently the folks at Metropolitan Who's Who didn't like it. They sent him a threatening e-mail telling him to take down his January post, or else.

They even called his job about it...

And e-mailed his wife.


hmmm...


Maybe their public relations person quit or something.

I suppose they could've fired them.

Either way, they really should get a replacement for that position...

As soon as possible.


SouthCon has written a post about the e-mail(s) he has received, and his reply.

You should read it.

And if you want to contact Metropolitan Who's Who, he has also provided the e-mail address for the person who contacted him.

After I post this, I think I might send that person a note myself.

Oh yeah, her name is Cyndi Jeffers.

Plus, I'll cc Metropolitan Who's Who customer service at custserv@metroexec.net


later...


Questions...


Blogger's Rights...


Metropolitan Who's Who aka Metropolitan Registries, Inc.


Do Search Engines Serve the Public?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I was threaten by MWW about my post. They sent me an email saying they would persue legal action against me, my company and any business/person listed on my blog links. I didn't want any trouble, so I removed it.

The good news is, I'm off of the mailing list!

February 04, 2007 6:23 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that ordeal.

And I understand your concerns for yourself as well as the other people that you know.

I think that it's an atrocity to be blackmailed by anyone (yes, I consider it blackmail), much less by a company who is supposed to be a glowing example of achievement!

February 05, 2007 11:10 AM  
Blogger Tammy Wilson said...

Wow, and I thought I was the only one, lol. I got an email this weekend about one of my stories on our blog threatening to sue me for libel because of some comments made about PETA. Turns out the guy is an activist in the Bay area. Good luck with all that, I said.

February 05, 2007 12:36 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Open...

Thanks for stopping by!

later...

February 05, 2007 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home