< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Latest News...

Linda in Norman e-mailed me the other day to tell me that it has been quite some time since I have posted anything on my blog.

When I looked at the date of my last post, I found it hard to believe that it has been 13 days!

Two weeks without a post?

How unlike me.


*sigh*


Needless to say, I have been inundated with an enormous amount of school work. If I told you guys how many hours I have spent in research and writing for my class assignments alone...

Well, let's just say that I am certain that you would understand why I haven't posted.


For example, in one class alone I have typed 18,772 words. Of course, this is a word count for the finished product as recorded by my Word documents.

Another neat thing about the statistics that Word records on your documents is the amount of time that is spent on editing the document. I think that the amount of time that is spent on projects tells a much clearer story.

In this same class I spent 5478 minutes editing those 18,772 words. This calculates into 91.3 hours of my life that was used to to type these papers up. Of course, this does not include how much time was spent on reading and researching the topics that I was writing about. However, I did not keep a manual record of these efforts.


Albeit, I spent an enormous amount of time on these assignments, I am happy to announce that I did earn an "A" for the class. My professor e-mailed me this afternoon to let me know what my grade was before she was required to post it officially.

She also gave me quite a compliment.

So... In the end, it was all worth it because I achieved my goal!


In other news...

I know that I had a lot of people worrying about me and my ONG bill and the overcharge from my account via the automatic payment plan.

I have been so busy that I haven't been monitoring my bills like I should. I was yanked into reality when they *dinged* my account for an EXTRA $75. Of course, this caused me to pull all my old bills out, go out and read my meter myself, and make a phone call that put me in that endless on hold loop for over 30 minutes.

I won't go into all of the *gory* details of my telephone conversation with the customer service rep when I called about my bill.

Let's just say that I became very frustrated with her because she WOULD NOT SHUT UP and listen to my reasoning and logic. While I didn't have all the facts in front of me "like she did", I had a pretty good idea of what had happened to my account. She kept telling me that I OWED Oklahoma Natural Gas money!! She refused to listen to me. I know that she thought I was crazy...

And stupid as well.

BTW... if you really want to make me mad, just ~act~ like you think I'm stupid.

I tried my best to get to a supervisor, but you know how that first line of defense works. They won't let you get past them.

The next day I finally got through to a supervisor. While she didn't quite understand my logic or reasoning, she could tell that something "just wasn't right" with my account. She promised that she would send it over to the "Accounting Department".

Long story short...

ONG ended up crediting my account $318.23.


Oh yeah... uh huh...


That customer service rep was wrong, and I was right.


You know that I really didn't have the time to deal with those people, but for $300 I figure that it's worth it.


HOWEVER... I think I still need to write a letter to ONG because they don't REFUND you the money. They only credit your account.

Which, in my opinion, is wrong, wrong, wrong.


There's a lot of things that I need to share with you guys, but I'll only share a few more things.


One is a new phishing scam. The last couple of weeks I have been getting hit with spam that presents itself as an e-card. It says things like, "Your family member has sent you an e-card!" or "Your friend has sent you a card!". There's one that uses Hallmark's name on it too.

You get the idea.

They're FAKE e-mail greeting cards.

I knew that these cards were probably worse than the annoying spam that we all usually get. But I never took the time to research it. This evening I took a few minutes and I was able to confirm my suspicions.

Anyway, in the body of the e-mail is a link that you click on and it takes you to a website. This website downloads malicious spyware, etc., on your computer when you land on it. With this "mal-ware" the people on the other end can gather your credit card numbers, passwords, or anything else that you type on your computer or online.

So I thought that this was something important for you guys to know. You can read this short article about it.


Let's see...

What else.


Oh yeah...


Do you guys remember me mentioning that I had been summoned as a petit juror to the Federal Court?

Well, I had to show up yesterday morning at 7:30 am. We had orientation, swearing in, and all that stuff. They told us that we had to be available through August 10th. They also said that most trials usually only last about two to three days.


I ended up being selected as a juror for a criminal trial...

And the judge told us that it was certain to last for FIVE days at the very least. Maybe into the following week?


Can you believe this?


So...


What have you guys been up to?


Hopefully, I be back here sooner than...


later...

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

Hi! It was good to catch up on all that is happening in your world. You have been quite victorious lately, with your 'A' and your $318.23 credit. (It should be cash!) That's a lot of money and at least you won't have to pay your bill for a while.

I have also received the fake e-cards. The timing was quite perfect too, because they came the week of my birthday when I was receiveing real e-cards. Luckily, I did not open any that were not authentic.

Best of luck on jury duty. That stinks, but since you have to be there I hope it is interesting.

July 11, 2007 6:29 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Lea...

I'm glad you didn't get caught up with those fake e-cards. It could be devastating!

Surely the trial will be interesting. They told us at the beginning that most trials only last two to three days.

Well, this one is expected to last at least a full week.

I guess that's because there's a lot of evidence that's going to be presented.

We'll see what happens.

I hope that you're having a great week!

later...

July 11, 2007 12:22 PM  
Blogger kate said...

lmao... well you have been busy! Good for you for getting an A and for finding the time to post! I find its sometimes feast or famine here for me... either I have soooo much to say or cant think of a creative interesting thought to write to save my life!

have a great weekend!

July 14, 2007 6:22 AM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Kate...

Thanks!

I know exactly what you mean!

July 15, 2007 7:15 PM  
Anonymous wolfbaby said...

sounds like your having a way more difficult time with school then myself way more work.. though somtimes i still feel overloaded...

i rearely follow links from emails for that reason!!

gotta love jury duty..

have fun

July 16, 2007 2:00 PM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Sometimes you just have to perservere with those folks...I bet you are glad you did....that is so wonderful about you mark...it doesn't get any better than that...it was so worth it wasn't it....good for you!!!

July 27, 2007 1:39 PM  
Anonymous Paul L. McCord Jr. said...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I know the feeling of the school work. I can't imagine the jury duty at the same time. I wonder if the school lets you make that up if you are in jury. I am glad to hear you got the ONG fixed. I think they should mail you a check.

July 28, 2007 1:28 PM  
Blogger Biby Cletus said...

Hi

I'm new here landed up searching blogs on resources on pets. cool blog you have here, keep it up. i'm also interested in dogs and do have a german shepherd named devil ( named after the phantom's dog - i was a huge phantom fan in my childhood ) any way its nice to be here. i'll be back some time later for more updates.

Warm Regards from India

you might find this series
on dogs
in our blog interesting. do leave comments there. see ya.

Bijoy

Kerala, India

July 28, 2007 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home