< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Mysterious Ways That God Works…



This morning I woke up to the telephone ringing. I lay in bed trying to come back to a ‘conscious state’.

Being partially deaf, I could only hear the muffled sounds of a message being left on my answering machine along with the coinciding sound of my cell phone ringing.

“It must be work”, I thought, since that happens often, both phones ringing in near unison, when they are trying to contact me.

I got up, started my coffee, and let the dogs out.



Time for prayer…



As I watched the birds at my feeders, and listened to their songs, one of my former foster children came to my mind.

God wanted me to pray for her.

Dang.

“I still haven’t written her a letter back. How much time has past?”

I determined that I would write her a letter today.

Time to get busy and take care of business; I booted my computer.

Check my e-mail. Respond to work e-mails. Pay my bills. I’ll take a moment to check on my ‘blogger friends’.



Emotion.



As I read Moof’s entry I was struck by a wave of emotion. Memories of a time past flooded my mind and the vision of that same foster child from this morning came to the forefront… along with another emotional upheaval.

The memory of a beautiful stillborn baby girl…

A beautiful 14 year old child, giving birth to a child…

The hurt and the anger that I had felt…

And my conversation with God on that tragic day…



Another phone call.



My friend who had called to thank me for saving children who lived next door (and within the neighborhood) to a sex offender, wanted to give me an update on the situation. She continued to thank me again for the alert.

She reports that the police have subsequently gone to the public school where the children attend and have interviewed them all. From the findings of that investigation, the Oklahoma Department of Human Services was notified, and the sex offender’s five children have been removed from his home.



Relief.



Now the children will be safe.


Encouragement.



God still works through us…

Through our hands… ‘extended’.

Thank you for continuing to use me Lord…

And thanks, God, for understanding me and loving me…

Even when I don’t understand Your Ways; or when I get mad and argue with You.


The picture is one of my first daffodils of this year.

Spring is almost here; bringing with it a renewed ‘hope’.


He has planned my day for me.

I had better get busy.

later…


dogscatskidslife: Close to Home...


dogscatskidslife: Watch Your Neighborhoods...


dogscatskidslife: Head's Up... It's a Free Service!

1 Comments:

Blogger Moof said...

TJ ... this was a beautiful post - thank you so much for sharing all of that with us.

I'm about to have to move my link to your blog out of the "General" category, and into the "Spiritual" category ...

March 04, 2006 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home