< dogscatskidslife, TJ Morgan, veterinary technician, veterinary medicine, consumer, activist, day to day real life events, writer, stories, photographs, photographer, CafePress.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Metropolitan Who's Who... An Update.

Connie has noticed a recent increase of hits on
her 2006 post concerning Metropolitan Who's Who.

And I have noticed an increase of visits to my post as well.

There are people using a variety of search terms trying to find out information about the registry. Search terms vary but for the most part they use terms like:

"Metropolitan Who's Who Scam"

"Metropolitan Who's Who is it any good"

"Metropolitan Registries"

"Metropolitan Who's Who complaints"

"fraud Metropolitan Who's Who"

"is Metropolitan Who's Who good"


I won't try to list all of the various terms here, but I think you get the idea.


I suppose the sudden influx of people searching for information on Metropolitan Who's Who is because they have received a letter from them.

Metropolitan Who's Who must mail millions of letters!

From this last mass mailing batch I know of at least one person (so far) who has blogged about the receipt of their letter of recognition.

Ellie's Mommie has written about Ellie's Daddy receiving one of MWW's letters. She's very proud of his accomplishments as a pizza delivery boy and states,

I too strive to be recognized on the same level as my pizza delivery man!!


Her comments remind me of Southcon's post about his letter.

Oh the joys that they share by virtue of being on the same mailing list.

It certainly warms my heart.


I know that Cyndi Jeffus, aka Cyndi Jeffers, aka Amanda, is concerned about bloggers who post about Metropolitan Who's Who. She's also unhappy about other web sources of information concerning the organization that she works for.

I also know that she is concerned about my contributions as well.

It seems that she is petitioning the Better Business Bureau of New York City and has asked them to review/update their report.

I'm so glad that I have placed the original text of the January, 2007, report here.

We'll have to wait and see how the new report "reads" when it comes out. Surely the BBB will be honest and straightforward in their *new* report. Because if they aren't and are coerced to "gloss over" the facts...

Then they lose credibility and are no longer a trusted source of information.

Surely they have a strong code of ethics that they follow.


If not, then I will probably have to write a letter to the national office and a blog post about it all.


The BBB of New York realizes that there is a problem concerning who's who registries. In fact, they have a web page full of advice for consumers.

This is probably my favorite line on the entire web page:

If you are solicited for inclusion in a biographical work, be realistic about your own accomplishments. Determine if the appeal is based strictly on personal vanity.


I think that maintaining honesty and integrity is an accomplishment.

An accomplishment, that sadly, many people will never achieve.


I certainly believe that both Ellie's Mommie and Southcon deserve recognition in an honest and reputable biographical work.

It could be called The Book of Honest Americans of Integrity.

From what I can tell...

We need a lot more people like them.

later...


**UPDATE**

I've run across another blogger who has posted about their letter from Metropolitan Who's Who!

Hopefully they will keep it posted and aren't coerced into deleting the post.




Metropolitan Who's who aka Metropolitan Registries, Inc...

Questions...

Hate E-mail and Threatened Bloggers...

Blogger's Rights...

Do Search Engines Serve the Public?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep gettin something in the mail about being recognized in my community and such and such.. ijust throw it away.. now im wondering if i should pay attention to who's sending it huh?

April 15, 2007 1:25 PM  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Wolfbaby...

I don't know. I think the trashcan is probably a good place for it.

;+ )

later...

April 17, 2007 2:26 PM  
Anonymous Comic Goals said...

Thiss is great

November 26, 2023 2:18 AM  
Anonymous Comic Goals said...

Hi thanks for posting tthis

November 26, 2023 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home